No announcement yet.

Bullying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I'm rubber and you're glue" comes to mind............

Comment

Thankful my kids are grown and school long behind them.

Don't think salami head would have gotten an eyebrow raised when I was in 6th grade

Comment

Growing up with the last name of Pepper, a head shorter than everyone else and not having the luxuries of other kids, I was picked on constantly. I grew up in the "don't start it but you better finish it" world of the 70's-80's and it seemed like all I did was fight. I got my butt kicked multiple times, but not always, and most of the time it was over with me just standing my ground and being willing to fight. There is a natural "pecking" order in all things of this world. Society doesn't let the pecking order play out anymore and we end up with what we have today. I now see my grand kids going through the mess we have and am thankful that my kids are considering home school. Good thread. God bless

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
          A salami head? No, because i don't know what that means. But a chisler, now a chisler, i know what that means. And we'd have had business... I might've had to fishhook him.
          What about a fiddlin ben?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
            If someone had called you a salami head in the sixth grade, would you have gone home and asked your parents to call the school because you were being bullied?
            Twice now I've had parents approach my wife on behalf of their kids. My kid was calling one of them "short" and the other kid "stick". Stick was actually a nick name that was given to this kid from her school. So it's not like my daughter made it up.

While I agree 100% that my kid went overboard with it, I wish that kids understood how to stand up for themselves. A simple "please don't call me that" would have been fine. We don't need to get parents involved for an official meeting.

I've taught my kids to respect other people. Unfortunately my oldest is like me, she doesn't know when the joke is over. So she ends up taking things too far.

Comment

My son was bullied in the 5th grade. We tried various strategies to avoid the other kid, notify the teacher, etc. It came down to my son making the decision that any consequences would be worth it and after nearly the entire school year he went to school, walked up to the kid unannounced and punched him in the face.

The school called and we explained our side. I told the principal that the other kid’s parents should know that my son was authorized to continue punching their kid in the face on a daily basis if need be from this point forward until the bullying stopped. The school did not like that. But the other never said another peep.

Comment

There were many a fight when the kids found out my dad's name was Oscar. Fist's went to flying every time someone called me an Oscar Meier Weener.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                  The mom joke comeback on that one is too easy.
                  The very first thing that popped into my head.......

-john

Comment

Bullying

Salami head would have been more like a nickname versus bullying back in the 70s and 80s. **** paper kids and their parents these days. ...sheesh. Nobody is taught to deal with anything these days in our overprotective society.

Comment

Sounds like one kid needs thicker skin and the other needs better material.

Comment

My oldest son tried to get his counselor to change his class once. The counselor said that the deadline had passed for schedule changes. He made up the story and told them there was a boy in the class that was bullying him. They changed him that day.

Comment

2021, everyone is so soft and offended by EVERYTHING!

What a weak society we have become. And guess what:

PARENTS ARE TO BLAME!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            My oldest son tried to get his counselor to change his class once. The counselor said that the deadline had passed for schedule changes. He made up the story and told them there was a boy in the class that was bullying him. They changed him that day.
                            And here is a prime example! How sad

Not sure I would brag or post this online. I would be embarrassed

Comment

Easy way to stop a bully is pop in the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                And here is a prime example! How sad

Not sure I would brag or post this online. I would be embarrassed
                                His boy ain't soft, he just knew how to work the system to get what he wanted.

Comment

Working...
                                X