Bullying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
    No, but I did bully a kid in our 5th Grade year. His name was Derek and he was “special,” actually he was just very smart. He left our school the following year and I had a guilt I couldn’t get rid of. He came back our junior year and I was able to apologize and we actually wound up being friends. I can still picture the time I threw rocks at him as he went down a slide on the playground in 1997... time heals all things but I will never forget that.

Bullying can be in many different forms nowadays, especially in today’s social networking world. I don’t want my boys to be “soft” but they need to understand what’s right and wrong. Hard or soft!
    I laughed at salami head being an insult then immediately thought about things I said as a young kid in school. All I can do is hang my head in shame

Comment

A salami head? No, because i don't know what that means. But a chisler, now a chisler, i know what that means. And we'd have had business... I might've had to fishhook him.

Comment

Salami head no, Kamala head yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I always thought bullies were kinda important. Obviously nothing extreme. A boy named Sue, how do you do ?

Comment

Smh

Comment

Kids are being raised weak with thin skin.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                Was the kid raised by two mommies?? Seems like too many hugs and not enough skinned up knees from playing outside
                They anti salami

Comment

Name calling was not bullying back then. It’s a shame our kids forgot the old rhyme sticks and stones may brake my bones but words can never hurt me.

Comment

Salami head would have been a welcome change to some of the things I've heard, but nothing got to me. Most of those name callers are far worse off than I am these days, but I won't stoop to their level and do the same now...well maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Story?

One kid called another kid a salami head. That kid got real mad. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                        School would have (did) called my parents. My parents never called the school but it’s a different day I’m afraid.
                        True.

Comment

Just one of many reasons my wife is quitting teaching this year.

Any time the word bully is used they have to do an investigation and is wastes multiple teachers time. It's totally past insane.

Comment

The Paper kids today will be making all of the tough decisions for us in future.. Pretty scary Chit...

Comment

If Salami head is enough to hurts someone's feelings, they are gonna have a long life and they need to man up. Growing up being named Boone, I've heard it all... lol. Ya gotta come at me with some original chit to get to my feelings now lol. Bullying is part of life, I've done it to people and people have done it to me. It definitely gave me tough skin but I wouldn't change it for the world. It made me who I am and I take great pride in my name now.

Comment

We would have done one of two things, laughed about it or went to the the ground fighting. No adult supervision required. Either way we would probably be friends after it was over, now the cops are called and it’s a huge deal for kids to fight. Back then it’s how’s beefs we’re settled, like young men have always done it. The times have changed for sure and not in a way I can honestly say is for the better IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X