corn 50lbs bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Are you boys runnin E rated tires on those rigs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not, but I will when these wear out. Couldn't justify paying for them and selling them for $400 and then pay $1200 for a new set. Feed store is only 25 miles from the lease

Comment

A lot depends if your talking about a short trip from the local feed store to the lease or hauling it down the interstate for hours. Obviously you can get away with a little bit more on the short trip. On most half ton trucks the weak link in the equation is the rear axle. If your only running P rated tires I'd be worried on the highway with anything over 20bags. On a short trip unloading the same day I wouldn't worry much about up to 40 bags but take any rough roads slowly. Also try to keep the weight as far forward in the bed as possible so the front axle takes some of the weight.

I've never put more than 40 bags in a 1/2 ton, my record though is 16 in a VW golf. Here's my 3/4 ton with 2500# and I wouldn't want to haul that much on the highway. The tool box is preventing proper weight distribution and it gets light on the front end.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by WhiplashTX; 09-30-2020, 07:38 PM. Reason: fat fingered

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Haul 40lb bags. They have 25 pelol

I must have been asleep when I posted that since i dont drink!

Comment

Old 1/2 ton chevy that I once took to the lease hauled 40 bags without issue. In my 3/4 ton I have hauled 100 more times than I can count.

-john

Comment

corn 50lbs bags?

Ran 40 50lb sacks yesterday with my airbags in the Tundra. Truck was still level with no sag. Those airbags are well worth the $299. With our rocky roads and hills, it’s good peace of mind for the feed and 550 gallons of water we haul to each of the four pens.

With this short bed, I might could get 50 in it but 40 seems to be the max I’ll roll with. Being 25 miles from the feed store, I’ll make 2 trips before I get stupid if I need a lot more. [emoji23]
            Last edited by Smart; 10-06-2020, 06:17 AM.

Comment

You''ll guys ever heard of TRAILERS..and or bigger trailers with electric brakes....Just remember Yea It will haul it///But will it Stop it in Emergency...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                ??a single axle diesel? Last one I saw that had 4 tires on the back was still a "single axle"...
                Lol my bad
                meant 2 tires compared to 4 tires on rear axle

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  I'm not, but I will when these wear out. Couldn't justify paying for them and selling them for $400 and then pay $1200 for a new set. Feed store is only 25 miles from the lease

That’s the only thing I ever worried about with 60 bags in my old 3/4 ton, was all that weight on the back tires and a semi sharp rock. Never had any trouble, but I was glad to have 10 plies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                    Good reason to get a real truck lol.
                    This!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

1-50......50 bags, of course

Comment

Half ton worth

Comment

I’m hauling 50 bags every trip in my tundra about 45 miles. I’m going to either go to a trailer or get some bags.

I’m thinking a trailer would be best, just hate leaving it out in the sun at the lease for the tires to just rot, but don’t want to drag it 6 hours each time. Lol

Comment

My Tundra spring pack has an add-a-leaf in the rear and E-rated tires.
                            415 miles one way to the panahandle with 40 bags today.
                            I do it every month.

Hauling a decent amount of feed with a half-ton’s stock C-rated tires would be a concern to me.

Comment

This.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If It is a Ford don’t worry about it. Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X