Lake Murvaul fish kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Murvaul fish kill

I did a search and didn’t see this posted.
    Officials are asking people to not swim or eat fish out of Lake Murvaul in Panola County until they can determine what’s killing fish and other wildlife at the lake.

this was discussed in the crappie get together thread but this is the first I have seen it posted directly

Comment

I’ve seen it first hand. It’s bad, real bad. Almost feel though it’s being downplayed. There’s 10-15 dead catfish outside our lake house everyday.

Pretty sure they just recently shut down water sports and swimming.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
        I’ve seen it first hand. It’s bad, real bad. Almost feel though it’s being downplayed. There’s 10-15 dead catfish outside our lake house everyday.

Which side of the lake do you live on? We have a place across from Tinkle Park.

Comment

You would think it would have a warning on TPWD's website.

Comment

what is is? Golden Algae Bloom? Toxic chemical spill?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post

they are keeping it very low key for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                The fish kill has been bad all over. We live on Long Bay on the south side of Lampin Point. Last weekend my son and his girlfriend were in from Nac and he stepped on about a 10" catfish carcass that had been mashed down in the grass by the buzzards that drug it up in the yard to eat. The pectoral spine broke off in his foot. Medical Center in Nac had to open up the top of his foot since they couldn't pull it out backwards because of the barbs on the spine. Fun times.

Comment

hadn't heard a thing about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                    CR 184, next to jones branch but on the big water side.

Comment

It’s a bummer for sure! That’s a fun little lake. I was looking forward to going there in a couple weeks. Hope it recovers soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X