2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin F1 in Full Effect!!!

Just paid for our passes and upgrades for the F1 Race at Circuit of America's!!! Prices went up but I figured they would and they are rolling with FULL OCCUPANCY for the race this fall. Concert bands will be named later today but we usually give those tickets away anyway. We are in the Tower Club at Turn 17 again..........gonna be HOTTT!!! Oh, tickets geaux on sale to general public in 20 hours,52 minutes and 9 seconds!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Just paid for our passes and upgrades for the F1 Race at Circuit of America's!!! Prices went up but I figured they would and they are rolling with FULL OCCUPANCY for the race this fall. Concert bands will be named later today but we usually give those tickets away anyway. We are in the Tower Club at Turn 17 again..........gonna be HOTTT!!! Oh, tickets geaux on sale to general public in 20 hours,52 minutes and 9 seconds!
      https://am.ticketmaster.com/cota/#/
      Just now seeing this thread, did they actually run on the sand in Bahrain? The only F1 race I have been to was in Bahrain and they certainly put on a show outside the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
        Just now seeing this thread, did they actually run on the sand in Bahrain? The only F1 race I have been to was in Bahrain and they certainly put on a show outside the stands.
        Heck, the sand was blowing everywhere during the practice days and Q day......so yea, they ran over and onto the sand at times! Race day was not as windy. F1 definitely brings a show when globetrotting. Amazing experience!

Comment

I seem to have one of those good conundrums this wknd.
          Last youth sports game is at 10:30 am Saturday. Do I... head to the lease and go Turkey hunting or stay home and head to TMS Sat evening for the Indy race?
          Decisions!

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
            I seem to have one of those good conundrums this wknd.
            Last youth sports game is at 10:30 am Saturday. Do I... head to the lease and go Turkey hunting or stay home and head to TMS Sat evening for the Indy race?
            Decisions!
            A turkey or a high performance race car? Humm, well...........I know the only turkey I would see is one on a sandwich.......LOL! Great to have choices however.

Comment

Wow! This is an eye-opening article!

“Fear of rules change led Mercedes to run dominant 2014 engine in “idle mode””

http://https://www.racefans.net/2021/04/28/fear-of-rules-change-led-mercedes-to-run-dominant-2014-engine-in-idle-mode/

Comment

Looks like we’re losing the Canadian GP this year. Will be back next year, though. Turkey will replace it this year.

I’ve been to that race twice. It’s a really cool track. In fact, the first F1 race I ever went to was in Montreal in 1994. The sound of those engines (especially the Ferrari) were magical.

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
                  Looks like we’re losing the Canadian GP this year. Will be back next year, though. Turkey will replace it this year.

I’ve been to that race twice. It’s a really cool track. In fact, the first F1 race I ever went to was in Montreal in 1994. The sound of those engines (especially the Ferrari) were magical.
                  I saw that announcement earlier this morning. That last Turkish race was awesomeness, great battles. Hopefully next year we can hit Montreal, Austin & Miami over 3 or 4 weekends in North America.

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
                    Wow! This is an eye-opening article!

“Fear of rules change led Mercedes to run dominant 2014 engine in “idle mode””

http://https://www.racefans.net/2021/04/28/fear-of-rules-change-led-mercedes-to-run-dominant-2014-engine-in-idle-mode/
                    18 out of 19 poles that season!!!!
                    V6 hybrid, yep the future is HERE!!!
                    Thanks for posting that article......scary good stuff going on with technical changes.

Comment

I just signed up for 1st dibs on packages/seating for Miami in 2022. No date yet, but what the heck.....lol![emoji854]

https://f1miamigp.com/Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210429-083055_Facebook.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	24649900

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        I saw that announcement earlier this morning. That last Turkish race was awesomeness, great battles. Hopefully next year we can hit Montreal, Austin & Miami over 3 or 4 weekends in North America.

That would be epic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

P1 results seems like they will be pushing hard today.....very close times. [emoji91][emoji964][emoji91]
                          P2 in less than 2 hours. Gonna be driving to Arkansas so this dang "F1 TV" thingy better be working. [emoji3061]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

How does Ocon go P4 in Q2 session and Alonso is stuck in 13th? Disappointing lap. Also, see Ricciardo. Yikes.
                            Mercs look fast so far.
                            And looks like rain tonight at TMS for the Indy race. Boo.

Comment

Yes, Ocon looked very strong in the Alpine, as did Gasly (AT) and Russell (Williams). Great showing from all of them!

The Red Bull’s were struggling with the wind at certain corners, and I believe that’s what hampered them to 3rd and 4th. Good job to Bottas for taking pole. All MB front row for tomorrow’s race start.

I always enjoy Kimi’s radio transmissions. This morning was awesome — “I’m sure we have somebody on the team that can figure this out!” ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                                How does Ocon go P4 in Q2 session and Alonso is stuck in 13th? Disappointing lap. Also, see Ricciardo. Yikes.
                                Mercs look fast so far.
                                And looks like rain tonight at TMS for the Indy race. Boo.
                                It might be a mad rush to halfway, they moved the start at TMS to 30 minutes from now up to 6:10pm. They got a second race tomorrow thats longer distance, weather looks better.

Comment

Working...
                                X