Doge Coin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
    Yep, and my last two trades were for Dogecoin. I placed a $5000 order on 4/14, and Robinhood charged me $5049.94. I placed another $5000 order on 4/17, and Robinhood charged me $5027.63.

I don’t know what you want to call the $49.94 and $27.63, but I consider it a “fee”.🤷🏼*♂️
    I use RH sometime for longer holds like LTC but I don't like how you don't really know what coins are trading at exactly when you buy.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the price is say .311x.312 and when you place the order it executes at .318 or higher. Sort of like old market maker tricks where they keep the spread. That 1% or more adds up to a lot of money over a bunch of trades.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      Again, Robinhood does not charge fees to open or maintain an account, transfer funds, or buy stock.
      However, as I stated, by law there are fees charged by the SEC and FINRA on all sell orders. This fee is charged to all sell orders, independent of the brokerage. That’s just the nature of Trading. Robinhood does not benefit financially from these charges and said charges are passed on to the regulatory agencies.
      The way I understand it, RH makes their money by holding on to your and my $ during the time we have funds in “their possession”.
      That being said, they do offer a Gold program that they charge a monthly fee for that provides access to more in-depth research of stocks and some other benefits.
      Ok, ok, if it will make you happy, “Robinhood” doesn’t charge “fees”, but “someone” is dinging me for extra money above what my buy/sell orders are, and it’s being done through the Robinhood app.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
        That was probably me 😂

Comment

well doge was a letdown last night lol, the stocktwit crowd had me expexting at least .69

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
            Yep, and my last two trades were for Dogecoin. I placed a $5000 order on 4/14, and Robinhood charged me $5049.94. I placed another $5000 order on 4/17, and Robinhood charged me $5027.63.

I don’t know what you want to call the $49.94 and $27.63, but I consider it a “fee”.🤷🏼*♂️
            No doubt that is a fee lol.

I wonder if that is only for CRYPTO?

Because I have bought and sold alot on RH, and never seen more then say .27 cents of a fee. Nothing that high

Comment

It’s on WeBull now for those who don’t want to mess with robinhood

Discover the latest promotions and activities on Webull. Get more out of your trading experience with exclusive offers.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Again, Robinhood does not charge fees to open or maintain an account, transfer funds, or buy stock.
                However, as I stated, by law there are fees charged by the SEC and FINRA on all sell orders. This fee is charged to all sell orders, independent of the brokerage. That’s just the nature of Trading. Robinhood does not benefit financially from these charges and said charges are passed on to the regulatory agencies.
                The way I understand it, RH makes their money by holding on to your and my $ during the time we have funds in “their possession”.
                That being said, they do offer a Gold program that they charge a monthly fee for that provides access to more in-depth research of stocks and some other benefits.

Cryptos aren't subject to SEC or FINRA regulations. The SEC fee only applies to stock transactions, and it's small.

"Free" is never free. Interest rates are nothing right now, so Robinhood isn't making anything holding on to your cash for a day or two or even a whole year at 0.01% interest. They get paid by market makers who actually do the trades for Robinhood clients. Those market makers make enough money on those free trades to have a nice profit left over after they pay Robinhood for sending them the trades. They profit on the free trades by giving the Robinhood clients who are buying the highest price available. And Robinhood clients who are selling get the lowest available price. The market maker profits on the spreads, and they pay Robinhood rebates from those profits.

Nobody operates any business for very long by providing their goods or services for free. It's impossible. And typically, the more "free" something is advertised to be, the more it costs in hidden and convoluted ways. And the customer is always the one who is paying it, even when it sounds like some third party is footing the bill.

As long as you know how it works and are OK with the cost and like the service, then it's cool. Just know it isn't free.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                  If anybody else want to sign up, I’ll throw my shameless plug, we both get free stock.

Join Robinhood with my link and we'll both get free stock [emoji1666] https://join.robinhood.com/bryanj-e0633cb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Ok I signed up with your link

Last edited by DirtyDave; 04-20-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                    Ok I signed up with your link

https://join.robinhood.com/davids-d9e46e6

Comment

Don’t know what to think about today, is this a slight correction before a run or still going down and can buy more cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                        I work with a guy who is up $860K as of this morning.

Most of the time I ask for receipts but as crazy as crypto has been lately, I believe it. I have a coworker that put $100 in at .003. He’s quite happy

Comment

Down to .30. Yall buying more or selling?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                            Down to .30. Yall buying more or selling?
                            Trying to decide what to do myself.

Comment

Again it offers no real value, if it dips really low it might be worth a gamble but its very unpredictable because its just a meme and will not last very long

Comment

I am in at $3000 at .310

Getting worried with its trend lately lol

Comment

Working...
                                X