2020-2021 LBJ Grasslands !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
    Yall know which spot you're going to opening morning?
    My favorite honey [butter chicken biscuit] hole

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RNLedet View Post
      My favorite honey [butter chicken biscuit] hole

Not a bad choice!

Comment

Yall know which spot you're going to opening morning?
        Last scouted a couple of weeks ago, will be in friday evening to setup and up in the tree early saturday.

Comment

Tons of acorns dropping right now. Deer don't have to travel far for food and water with the recent rains. I'm sure the soon to be hunting pressure will force some to move.

Comment

Public Hunting

Howdy all I am new to hunting public land due to the fact that it is my last resort because I cant find a place to take my oldest son on a private farm/ranch. I have never hunted on public land at all due to the fact I was in the military and always had someone offer me a place to hunt. What are some do's and dont's of public land hunting and where would be the best place to go with my 15 yr old in the grasslands that can be thick but not to har of walking. I am disabled with a bad back and dont exactly want to get in somewhere that I cant get out of. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Comment

Welcome Chase. Most of the parcels in the Grasslands are relatively smaller plots. It will be crowded on opening day of bow season. I would suggest going after the opening weekend. My best advice is to get a map from the forest service office in Decatur. Then drive the roads looking at the parcels. Some have horse trails that need to be avoided but those will be on the maps.

Read the rules on the forest service website. LBJ is exempt from orange during the bow season (The only place this is written is in the order).

Good luck.

Comment

Thank you for the advice I will definitely stay away this weekend. Do they allow rifle hunting out there during rifle season?

Comment

Originally posted by Chase0305 View Post
                  Thank you for the advice I will definitely stay away this weekend. Do they allow rifle hunting out there during rifle season?

Muzzleloaders and shotguns only during general season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay for shotguns is it just slugs or can you use buckshot?

Comment

I believe buck shot is legal but should call the office to make sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you use buckshot, make sure you pattern your shotgun with different brands and chokes before you hit the woods.

Comment

Either way I will be using a signal shot breakover which is not choked

Comment

Anyone have any luck this am? Zero deer sighted for me!

Comment

Anyone have any luck this am? Zero deer sighted for me!
                              The goose for me as well

Comment

Either way I will be using a signal shot breakover which is not choked
                                What is your barrel choked at? Should say on the barrel near the receiver.

Comment

Working...
                                X