No announcement yet.

Big Bertha #5 - Timed Release Protein Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got to head west and check out Bertha #5....

SUCCESS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
      Finally got to head west and check out Bertha #5....

SUCCESS!!!

How much protein was left?

Comment

Zero.... I had it set open 22 hours a day. Not I have it 2 hours a day.

Comment

Go big or go home! Looks awesome.

Comment

She worked great! No issues with feed flow at all and the deer are hitting it hard. Took 3 days for the first deer to eat from tube, it after that it was constant.

Due to a small issue I had the feed port open 22 hours and only closed 2 each day, but I’m sure that helped the deer get used to it with almost unlimited access. Now it’s set as planned for 2 hours during the day so they can get in my set feeding times. Anxious to see how antlers progress this summer-fall.

Comment

Comment

Gotta brag on my 13 year old son Gus.... He muscled up over 100 bags of deer protein this past Sunday. Never complained once and had a smile on his face the whole day. He is the source of most my grey hair, but he also makes his daddy proud. God is so good....

Comment

you need to build a platform for him to stand on and hand them up to him. that looks like serious hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                    you need to build a platform for him to stand on and hand them up to him. that looks like serious hard work.

There is a platform. He just can’t lift them up high enough to puke them in (safely) so he got as high as shown in the pic and I’d grab them from him.

Comment

She’s performing flawlessly. All the other feeders had some sort of clog or clean-out of the feed tubes needed because of a few hard rain storms, but the Hammer kept my tube perfect. Really happy with this feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
                        It looks like your cross braces are meeting dead center in the hopper. If so I highly recommend changing that. I have had to rod out my Hammer feeder several times from the top whenever a chunk of feed gets hung up, it happens so plan for it. I use a piece of 1/2" conduit and it works great, but you need a direct shot. The only thing I would change about the Hammer is a 4" actuator that opens the slide gate 100% instead of the 2" that saves battery power. With clean feed the 2" is just fine.

Also, I have three 4" feed tubes on the bottom of my feeder (similar to the old style of All Seasons but three not four) and these hold about 20 pounds per fill. I have the Hammer open twice per day for five minutes each time which feeds 40-50 pounds of feed each day depending on how much gets eaten in those five minute periods. Not sure what kind of tubes you are going to build to get your hopper to last 70 days but something to consider.

Tim
                        One thing to make sure..is to seal the seam above the gate really well. Best thing I have found is flex seal.

Highlighted area below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190802_140606.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	24587710

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post

Awesome build!

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                            One thing to make sure..is to seal the seam above the gate really well. Best thing I have found is flex seal.

Highlighted area below.

[ATTACH]966388[/ATTACH]
                            Yep....I have it welded, painted, caulked with thru-the-roof, then flex sealed, and then more paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                              Awesome build!
                              Thanks!

Comment

Deer are loving the feeder. Finally have feed available 24-7-365 for them to eat. Best feeder investment I’ve ever made. I highly recommend the Hammer!

Comment

Working...
                                X