No announcement yet.

Do you like chiropractors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good ones worth their weight in gold. Problem is theres a ton that suck. Should also be showing patient how to self-care if possible. Biggest thing for me that I needed was fascia work on my achilles that I just cant do myself.

Comment

I thought they were all a bunch of quacks and snake oil salesmen.

UNTIL I partially slipped a disk between L4/L5 back in 2016. Pain killers and muscle relaxers couldn't touch it. I used to think folks complaining about back pain were just wimps. But that was the most excruciating pain (sciatica) I've ever experienced.

I was recommended a chiro from one of my shooting buddies and it took about 3 months of TENS therapy and spinal decompression before I was back to normal.

Comment

Do you like chiropractors?

I guess I should give it another try. I went to one 2 days a week for a month several years ago and every time I left I felt worse than when I went in.
        I figured they’re all the same so haven’t tried another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I recommend them to everyone I know. I have been to 6 over the years mainly due to moving around and a little bit because I like some more than others. My current one has helped my wife a ton on migraines, sinuses, and neck problems. I used to go every now and then just for a tune up. Then I started having panic attacks and was reading about the vagus nerve. I asked him about it and he knew all about it. Gave me special acupuncture and I noticed a significant difference!

Comment

Been going for lower back issues for years will continue

Comment

Does the name Alan Harper ring a bell? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by RyHolub View Post
                I too have 2 years left of school and I only believe in it because I’ve seen it work first hand on myself and a multitude of other patients.

The best Chiropractors I have known never finished school...the kept learning even after they graduated from college. The ones that were just OK seemed like they didn't continue their studies after they got their diploma.

The Chiropractor I go to now is close to 70, but says he can't retire yet because he has over 3000 patients who depend on him. His son graduated from chiro college last year, and he sometimes watches as his Dad works on me. Seems like every time he says "They didn't teach us that in college". I'm glad his son is learning from him and can step into his shoes when his Dad retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                  The best Chiropractors I have known never finished school...the kept learning even after they graduated from college. The ones that were just OK seemed like they didn't continue their studies after they got their diploma.

The Chiropractor I go to now is close to 70, but says he can't retire yet because he has over 3000 patients who depend on him. His son graduated from chiro college last year, and he sometimes watches as his Dad works on me. Seems like every time he says "They didn't teach us that in college". I'm glad his son is learning from him and can step into his shoes when his Dad retires.

Yessir. You learn what you have to to pass boards but everything to help patients is learned hands on and outside of school. Everything I’ve ever used I’ve learned outside of school.

Comment

I think they have their place, but some sure can be out there with their thoughts and techniques. I'm not a fan based on several things I've witnessed. My big hang up is that many chiros don't address the root of the problem and just treat the symptoms. When that happens their patients are stuck in a vicious cycle and have to keep returning. I know this isn't the case 100% of the time, but it happens more than it should in my opinion. I guess that's job security though.

Comment

I don’t particularly “like” chiropractors, but Dr Andy Thomas at Village Chiropractic is definitely who I would go to if I need to see one. He’s also a green screen member and a first class guy.

Comment

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
                        I’ve been to only one. I put it off for years until I couldn’t sleep with back, neck, and shoulder pain. In 4 visits I felt 20yrs younger again. I’ve been back for only a twisted rib since. It’s been a year since I’ve gone. As soon as I can get a day off, I could use another adjustment, but I’m still not in nearly as much pain as before I went the first time.

On a related subject, what underlying issues would he be “treating the symptoms and not the problem”? The only problem I see is I use my body to do real work. I may not have nearly the problems if I sat at a desk all day, but I won’t be cooped up like an animal at a desk. I’d rather be out in whatever nature throws at me every day, using my body.
                        Sitting at a desk is one of the most unhealthy things you can do for your spine...

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                          I think they have their place, but some sure can be out there with their thoughts and techniques. I'm not a fan based on several things I've witnessed. My big hang up is that many chiros don't address the root of the problem and just treat the symptoms. When that happens their patients are stuck in a vicious cycle and have to keep returning. I know this isn't the case 100% of the time, but it happens more than it should in my opinion. I guess that's job security though.
                          I couldn’t agree more. The whole point of chiropractic is to address the root cause, not be a money grabber.

Comment

I have one locally that I will use every so often when I tweak it. He is a no BS kinda guy, normally one time and I am fixed up.

Comment

Working...
                            X