No announcement yet.

12’ or 15’ Batwing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive run a 15' with a 70 hp and it was marginal at best. If you are going to running in well maintained areas then a 15' would work. If in rough area/tall weeds the 12' will be much better IMO. I was having to run my tractor wide open in tall weeds. It was just hard on the tractor. We had a 65hp on a 12' at work and it did much better than my 70/15. Now I'm running a 100hp on the 15' and its world of difference

Comment

I have woods 15’ batwing and it’s low HP model. I pull it with a 5310 John Deere with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

15’ on a 2150, not recommended but it worked

Comment

Go 15 it’s a huge time saver

Comment

Now I'm so confused [emoji53]. This is as bad as milage on a tundra

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

We run a 15' on a 75 hp Kubota and it works great. Keep roughly 100 acres mowed with it each summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                Now I'm so confused [emoji53]. This is as bad as milage on a tundra

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                What mileage ?

Comment

I pull a JD CX15 mower w my JD 5083e tractor w no problems. When I upgraded from my 10’ mower to a 15’ it made a huge difference in mowing time & also a much better cut.

Comment

Really depends on what you are mowing and how you would like it to look when you are done. Also depends on what 15’ cutter you are pulling, I had a 7060, traded it for a m5 111, the 7060 is really not enough hp to pull my 15’ bush hog 3815. It would pull it, but in thick stuff it is way to much load for that tractor. You could raise it up or slow it down, but then you are spending time adjusting things and have portions of what you mow not being cut correctly. I think you would be happier and it would be better for your tractor to go with the 12’.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                      Really depends on what you are mowing and how you would like it to look when you are done. Also depends on what 15’ cutter you are pulling, I had a 7060, traded it for a m5 111, the 7060 is really not enough hp to pull my 15’ bush hog 3815. It would pull it, but in thick stuff it is way to much load for that tractor. You could raise it up or slow it down, but then you are spending time adjusting things and have portions of what you mow not being cut correctly. I think you would be happier and it would be better for your tractor to go with the 12’.
                      I'm so glad I read this before posting. This was essentially what I was going to say. That, and I wanted a 20' that needed a 95 hp tractor. My tractor is a 95 hp but I was warned by several people that it wasn't enough for that shredder. I went with the 15 and at times I wish I had a smaller 8 or 10 to get into smaller areas.

Comment

I have a 10’ on my 70 pto hp tractor and sometimes wish it was a 12’. Then I hit the heavy stuff and am glad it’s only 10’. Main thing is keep your blades in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post

15’ on a 2150, not recommended but it worked
                          Looks like that has been sitting there a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Looks like that has been sitting there a while.

It was putting in work. Did a couple laps then put it on real tractor. It was more of an experiment than anything else.

Comment

I’m thinking I will go with the 12’. Some of the grass is super thick, made my smaller shredder sweat some. Also, the fact that it’s $6-7k more for the 15’ is a strong case. I can use the extra $$$ for a new trailer.

Comment

I will throw you another curve.

For mostly flat ground I would go 10’ three point hitch over a 12’ tongue pull due to much better maneuverability.

Comment

Working...
                                X