CWD Discovered in Limestone County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    Wouldn’t it be great if we just quit transporting deer?
    Having a deer farm in your backyard or sale and transportation of alive
    State property probably should be 100% illegal, Lacey act penalties ?
    This will never stop till truck farm deer are banned IMO ( any deer in Texas should be under the state trust like wildlife)
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-26-2022, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylab View Post
      CWD has been around for a long time. Much longer than it was ever "documented".
      Do you still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny?

Comment

CWD Discovered in Limestone County

well it's pretty clear that some people just want to wave a torch and pitchfork over CWD.

if Sippy is right about deer not being transported here in the last 7 years, then what happened?

was it being covered up with false testing?

Is it possible to transport the prions in feed??

There are too many assumptions about breeders without acknowledging the fact the test a far higher percentage of their deer than free range.

Maybe a free range deer rubbed noses with a deer inside the high fence, then a high fence deer rubbed noses with a deer inside the pens.

M16 - do you really want to KNOW, or are you just going to default to yelling at the kids off your lawn like usual?
        Last edited by kyle1974; 09-26-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
          well it's pretty clear that some people just want to wave a torch and pitchfork over CWD.

if Sippy is right about deer not being transported here in the last 7 years, then what happened?

was it being covered up with false testing?

Is it possible to transport the prions in feed??

There are too many assumptions about breeders without acknowledging the fact the test a far higher percentage of their deer than free range.

Maybe a free range deer rubbed noses with a deer inside the high fence, then a high fence deer rubbed noses with a deer inside the pens.

M16 - do you really want to KNOW, or are you just going to default to yelling at the kids off your lawn like usual?
          Would you knowingly eat a CWD infected deer?

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
            This breeder hasn’t had any deer transferred in in 7+ years.

I have a handful that were purchased from him a few months ago at a facility. All deer were live tested before they were moved and were negative, now I likely have to kill them all.

Bull ****. We have a deer from that facility and now we have to test every deer we kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Previous owner brought deer in for put and take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
                Hell no. But I don’t eat deer meat. I prefer beef.

Comment

that goes without saying... that's not really a "gotcha" comment.

the bigger question here is do we want to actually find out the source of CWD, or do we want to create enough panic to get the breeders out of business?

Comment

the bigger question here is do we want to actually find out the source of CWD, or do we want to create enough panic to get the breeders out of business?
                    Breed all the deer you want. Just don’t transport them.

Comment

Breed all the deer you want. Just don’t transport them.
                      what if I just bought my dream property that I'd like to high fence, and bring in better genetics?

without additional end users for the deer, there is no market for deer breeders.
                      Last edited by kyle1974; 09-26-2022, 01:19 PM.

Comment

It is though

Comment

what if I just bought my dream property that I'd like to high fence, and bring in better genetics?

without additional end users for the deer, there is no market for deer breeders.
                          Yes, your need for trophy deer supersedes everyone else that just want to hunt deer without them being infected. Great argument.

Comment

Wouldn’t it be great if we just quit transporting deer?
                            but if we did that, tens of people wouldn't make lots of money! Who cares what effects it has on the average hunter!
                            Last edited by bullets13; 09-26-2022, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Yes, your need for trophy deer supersedes everyone else that just want to hunt deer without them being infected. Great argument.
                              Yep, that's called the American Way! He has the money, the resources, why should I stop him because I can't or don't want to afford it. easier to sit around and ***** and moan. Much more testing needs to happen to find out why first. I personally believe they are bringing it in the feed/Hay. . .

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                                Yep, that's called the American Way! He has the money, the resources, why should I stop him because I can't or don't want to afford it. easier to sit around and ***** and moan. Much more testing needs to happen to find out why first. I personally believe they are bringing it in the feed/Hay. . .

Comment

Working...
                                X