Rectec Soot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rectec Soot

I've had my Rectec Bullseye for a little over a year and have noticed that sometimes our food has some soot. What I mean is that let's say I cook something we eat with our hands I notice my napkin will have black finger prints.

Anyone have this issue with their pellet grill? I've been using Bear Mountain hickory pellets. I always clean out the ash before I cook and let it come up to temperature before putting any food on. I typically set my temperature at 250 or 275 and don't move it once I've started.
    Last edited by SneakyPhil; 09-25-2022, 02:36 PM. Reason: .

Have you pulled the grates out and vacuumed up the ash? I don’t have a rec TEC but my pellet grill does this if I don’t clean it.

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
      Have you pulled the grates out and vacuumed up the ash? I don’t have a rec TEC but my pellet grill does this if I don’t clean it.

This here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Are you talking about ash? Clean out your pellet burner pot first. I switched to B&B and the ash went away, I noticed that certain brands of pellets produce a lot of ash. Pit Boss was the worst.

Comment

Got to vacume the ash every few months

Comment

Easy bake ovens need cleaning.

Comment

Every pellet I’ve tried leaves ash in the pot after a few uses. have to vac out every so often.

Comment

I have a 700 and use B&B Championship and have very little ash over 2 years. I think I’ve had to vacuum it 3 times and 2 times it wasn’t needed. Have a neighbor that uses a different brand in Hickory and his looks like a sandbox every 2-3 cooks. It’s full from end to end.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                  Easy bake ovens need cleaning.
                  Stick burners need tending…And still don’t turn out a better product…

Comment

Nah. I clean out the burner pot before each cook.

Comment

Working...
                    X