A hunting thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    100 ac high fence, one feeder on whole place, in Webb County, enclosed blind with hot coffee and bottle of whiskey and cell service.
    Yep I’m in on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
      About 200 yards behind my house in SE
      Is the top dude on the shooter list or has he been harvested?
      I hope to see the LDPs.

Comment

22 foot up in tree in pike county Illinois. Huge tree on creek coming in strip brush less than 100 yards wide that acts as natural funnel between two large farmer fields.

Best place I have ever encountered for all day sits and where i took my 160 class 8 point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
          Your welcome for that buck I funneled into you

Years ago I got to hunt a place near Kirksville MO

It was 1200 acres along river frontage off the beaten path. Saw some quality bucks sitting in a tree

I’d do it again if had the chance
          Kirksville is 25 miles south of our home. We shop there a lot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Is the top dude on the shooter list or has he been harvested?

I hope to see the LDPs.
            He slipped by me at 22 yards two years ago. That's okay though. I will never forget seeing him up close.

I had a couple of in pictures of him last year, but never saw him in person. I haven't seen him this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Trinity river bottom in the middle of the rut

Comment

I didn’t see near as much game as in Texas but when I did they were usually a brute. I miss hunting the big timber in the Mississippi and Louisiana bottoms along the Mississippi River.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would be sitting 15’ up in the fork of a nasty cottonwood, recurve in hand, guarding a major creek crossing in Iowa. Would be the first day or two of November accompanied with the first hard frost of the year. That’s the dream……

Comment

Nov 18, 2020 at about 5:15pm in Kansas, I shot a gross 190" with my bow. Came in following a doe, squared off with a 140's 8pt in the field, then gave me a shot at 14 yards. Watched him cross the field about 300 yards coming to me. That's a day of hunting I'll likely never top, and I'm good with that.

BUT!!! If I could pick and choose it my way. It would be on property I bought, in East TX, with average for the area bucks, that I brought to their top potential thru habitat management, tree plantings, burning, discing, food plots etc. (The fun part of hunting [emoji16]). The scenario would be similar to above mentioned hunt. Come in chasing a doe, rutted up, wanting to whip everything with a satchel hanging below it.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

El gato Mexico place in late December ��

Comment

Man I dunno... Midwest would be cool... dont really want to sit in a tree though.

Comment

Maverick, Zavala, or Dimmit county. Cold and rainy morning hunt would be mine.

Comment

Same State I'm in. I've seen deer of a lifetime on camera and in person. Know where they are still or where they were killed. Open range 170+",180" and 3, 200"+ both whitetail and mulie.

But I don't deer hunt. If I do I ain't the one shootin. But if I were to I'd hunt Oklahoma.

As for set up. From the ground. I ain't a squirrel or a raccoon. I ain't gettin up in no tree.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 08-23-2022, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Mine would be driving around with my dad in La Salle county on a cold mid December day. I hope we would be crushing Miller lite, smoking cigs and listening to Marty Robbins. Looking into a pear flat and see the biggest red horned mf’er you have ever seen standing with a doe. Ground check him in a split decision. Then crush one more Miller right after to celebrate.

Comment

Sitting on an old railroad tram with a couple of walker hounds hammering away pushing a big in closer by the minute.
                                What can I say I grew up in east tx. Lol But I will be the first to admit the best thing they ever did for the deer population was close it to running dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X