A hunting thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hunting thought

If you could describe your ideal hunting setup and location anywhere in North America to kill the best whitetail of your life, how and where would you like for it to happen? I’ve been watching YouTube videos of Canada, the Midwest, south texas and Mexico. I just don’t have the desire to hunt the bitter cold in Canada for those true northern giants.

I think mine would be 20’ up an oak tree overlooking an oat patch during the second cold front of the year hopefully around November 10th. Something about being in a tree again sure gets me excited for cold weather.

If you ever get a chance to hunt Southern Arizona. It'll chance your life! Couses White Tail and Mule Deer.

That is mine.

Comment

Warm box blind, middle of rut, ice chest full of beer, wheat field full of doe, right before dark on a new moon in Oklahoma.

Comment

I picture buffel grass and mesquite & oak motts in Jim Hogg county as a blue Northern on the horizon
        Attached Files
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-23-2022, 07:59 PM.

Comment

100 ac high fence, one feeder on whole place, in Webb County, enclosed blind with hot coffee and bottle of whiskey and cell service.

Comment

Sitting on the ground up against a big oak tree in Big Mineral.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

I either want up in a tree with snow and a awesome blood trail. (never tracked blood in the snow) or in East texas tucked in a tick forest, and the buck runs in from the road hunters for refuge and little does he know im there.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
                I either want up in a tree with snow and a awesome blood trail. (never tracked blood in the snow) or in East texas tucked in a tick forest, and the buck runs in from the road hunters for refuge and little does he know im there.
                Jake don’t go in the tick forest without plenty of bug spray.

Comment

Can't stand sitting in a blind so something like spot and stalk in the praries of Alberta.

Comment

I kinda liked hunting out of a truck on the Faith ranch. Didn’t get to kill a trophy but my son and I got to kill some 140+ “culls”. Actually we were doing them a favor taking them out of the herd. Biologist at the time is a friend of mine.

Comment

Public land River bottom. In slew and buck brush so thick you couldn’t shoot 20 yards, middle of rut

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
                        Your welcome for that buck I funneled into you

Years ago I got to hunt a place near Kirksville MO
                        It was 1200 acres along river frontage off the beaten path. Saw some quality bucks sitting in a tree
                        I’d do it again if had the chance

Comment

I’m thinking eastern Colorado or Kansas or somewhere in Canada. Riverbottoms and corn fields. Wide open country. Lots of glassing.

Comment

About 200 yards behind my house in SE Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

A warm drizzly and foggy Texas November morning in a creek bottom along a trail tucked behind a bur oak in an elevated position on top of a ladder on a cut bank with a GrandDaddy Longlegs on my head.

A fat Texas spike walks out at 15 yards during a cool spike season and I havent killed with my longbow all season.

Id love to stalk Alberta deer.

Comment

Working...
                              X