Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100gr Rage Hypodermic +P

Comment

Muzzy 90gr 4 blade. On an Easton PC from an XI Legacy. 7 pt in Montague Co. Early 90s.

Comment

125 muzzy 3 blade

Comment

Savors 3 blade launched out of a PSE Pacer.

Comment

100 grain Thunderhead - Doe ran 100 yards, got tangled in a fence trying to cross it and expired. Martin Lynx Magnum was what I had back then. Very accurate bow but extremely heavy

Comment

Magnus BuzzCut 100 grain.

Comment

5pt with a 125 grain Satellite, full length Easton green, and Autumn Orange 2117 XX75’s from KMart, brown metallic Bear Whitetail with the extra pulleys on the riser that rotated, and that was 1982. Hunted 2 yrs prior to that with a Bear Kodiak and Bear Razorheads, but didn’t notch up a kill. Also remember that I spine shot him, he rolled onto the arrow, and it was bent in a lazy fish hook. I only hit maybe the first step of the homemade wooden ladder stand, fell to the ground, bow in hand, arrows in my quiver flew everywhere, (they weren’t very tight back then) somehow ended up back on my feet, ran over to him, grabbed under his chin, and cut his throat. Don’t know what’s more amazing, that I didn’t break anything/die from the 10-12’ fall, or how I managed to cut his throat, and not myself in the melee! The front 1/3 of that arrow was dull aluminum color (no green) cuz I’d shot it so much into hay bales it had worn the green off. So yeah, I remember it like it was yesterday! Always kept that bent arrow, need to see if I can locate it… Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

1989-Bandera buck with a 125gr Wasp, they had like a pencil point.

Comment

Bear Super Razor

Comment

100 grain Muzzy 4-blade

Comment

100g Muzzy 3 blade.

Comment

Satellite way back when

Comment

Wasp 100 grain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                              100 gr. wasp.
                              Ditto! 1985 junior year in college and smacked a spike in Liberty County......totally by luck.....lol!!! [emoji1] Those antlers are still on display with everything else in here. Been hooked every since that moment.[emoji457][emoji1018][emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thunderhead.

Comment

Working...
                                X