No announcement yet.

2022 Gardening Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the oppressive heat right now. They should get bigger in the fall crop as the weather cools

Comment

Cane home to find 5 of my tomato plants were eatin all up overnight. Found the the little sumbich and am making him pay dearly.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Cane home to find 5 of my tomato plants were eatin all up overnight. Found the the little sumbich and am making him pay dearly.
        He owes you a couple of filets at the very least

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
          Prolly the same reason my jalapeños get no bigger than strawberries.

When you find out, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Found this out... can't say I am watering as much or deep as they recommend.

Water Requirements for Peppers
          To prevent flowers from dropping and the growth of small peppers, it’s critical to give them enough water when they’re flowering and setting fruit; they need about 1 inch of water a week. Once they’re established, soak the roots at least 4 feet down with a soaker or drip hose; sprinklers drench the leaves which is an invitation to fungal diseases. If you have sandy soil that drains quickly, water your peppers more often. Give them more water if they’re blown by hot winds that dry them out.

Let the soil dry slightly between watering so the roots can get the oxygen they need. Constantly wet, soggy soil can stress pepper plants as much as not giving them enough water, and either can result in your pepper plant stem turning brown and possibly dying.

Finally, if you cut too deeply when you’re weeding around pepper stems, you can cut their roots and cause water stress, leading to small peppers.

Comment

Everything is trying to kill our veggies. Vine borers about got the squash, gophers/moles are pulling my okra under, aphids and squash bugs are getting the peas. What is getting my cucumber and squash plants? The leaves feel real thick and textured like felt. They get sticky and have a lot of eggs on them. I thought it was aphids, but I'm not sure.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
              Everything is trying to kill our veggies. Vine borers about got the squash, gophers/moles are pulling my okra under, aphids and squash bugs are getting the peas. What is getting my cucumber and squash plants? The leaves feel real thick and textured like felt. They get sticky and have a lot of eggs on them. I thought it was aphids, but I'm not sure.

Those be green bug aphids.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelaggie View Post
                Those be green bug aphids.
                Thank you. I've been putting off trying to treat them because I had a lot of lady bug nymphs.

Comment

Well it certainly took long enough but one of my tomato plants finally put some fruit on.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    Well it certainly took long enough but one of my tomato plants finally put some fruit on.

Dang I don't want to see that...I just pulled all mine out of the ground yesterday becouse I didn't think they would start producing again.

Comment

This morning’s colorful pepper picking. Not pictured is okra, cukes, and my first couple of tomatoes of this year. At this tomato rate, I’ll be able to make a half pint of salsa by 2025 [emoji51]

Comment

Thinking about pulling out my cucumber plants and planting some green beans in their spot. It's about 15' with a 6' tall fence trellis. Any tips or advice on how/what to plant and the best place to get seeds?

Comment

Any ideas why my watermelon has this big yellow spot on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                            Thinking about pulling out my cucumber plants and planting some green beans in their spot. It's about 15' with a 6' tall fence trellis. Any tips or advice on how/what to plant and the best place to get seeds?
                            I'd blant bush variety in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                              Any ideas why my watermelon has this big yellow spot on it?

Sun burn

Comment

It's a cucumber.

Comment

Working...
                                X