No announcement yet.

Chicken livers and gizzards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gizzards and liver, both chicken & beef liver. Love 'em. HEB sells packages of "Chicken liver and gizzards" When the kids were young I used to cook 'em up and call 'em lizzards tryin to get 'em to eat 'em.
    Didn't work!

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
      Small world! I had stewed chicken gizzards over white rice for lunch today! Leftovers from last night.
      One of my favorite meals! I love me some liver and gizzards.

Comment

Dang straight we eat em. We’ve had certain cafes we go to just for their chicken livers.

Comment

I'll eat gizzards occasionally. Didn't know livers were meant for anything besides catfish bait

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Livers are for frying. Gizzards are for dirty rice.
            Livers are for trotline bait. Gizzards for the gullet.

Comment

Spicy gizzards from the Mickey's on 195 in Killeen used to hit the spot!

Comment

I can tear up some fried gizzards and gravy. Chicken Express does the job, but I think it was George's in Waco that used to serve up some fried turkey gizzards that were pretty dang good.

Comment

Gizzards are better. They stay on the hook better than livers when catfishing.

I guess most anything is edible when its deep fried and you put enough hot sauce on it.

Comment

I can eat chicken livers until they close the doors and run me off.

Comment

A little hole in the wall chicken place in Robstown TX, Barrera's fried chicken, has some really good gizzards.

Comment

You people are all sick!

I’ve got some chicken livers, and I’m about to catch catfish with them for a fish fry.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                          Gizzards are better. They stay on the hook better than livers when catfishing.

I guess most anything is edible when its deep fried and you put enough hot sauce on it.
                          Gizzards do stay on the hook. . . because the catfish don't eat them. :-). Well, certainly not as well as liver. Beef liver that toughens up in the sun a bit is great channel catfish bait, but seriously haven't done much good with gizzards.

Comment

The whole family here love them

Comment

Really enjoy eating some gizzards and gravy for long drive road food.

Really enjoy using livers to catch some nice catfish.

It's my issue, but the gizzard is a muscle and the liver is a body filter.

Comment

Gizzards are tough, livers are extravagant!!

Comment

Working...
                                X