ATF ruling on receivers and parts kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATF ruling on receivers and parts kits

Definition of “Frame or Receiver” and Identification of Firearms On April 11, 2022, the Attorney General signed ATF final rule, Definition of “Frame or Receiver” and Identification of Firearms, amending ATF’s regulations by removing and replacing the regulatory definitions of “firearm frame or receiver” and “frame or receiver” using examples and diagrams to clearly convey what

And we STILL have folks on here wanting more gun control. This is what you get when you give them an inch.

so, what does it mean? decipher their trickery for me....

Comment

Someone want to decipher that for me?

Comment

The ATF does not make laws.. Null and Void

Comment

This is mostly about what's commonly known as "80 percent" receivers. Basically changing their stance to say "partially complete" is now considered a frame or receiver. Where before it was not considered a receiver until it is 100% complete and functional.

Definition of a “frame or receiver” includes a partially complete, disassembled, or nonfunctional frame or receiver that has reached a stage in manufacture where it may quickly and easily (“readily”) be made to function as a “frame or receiver”

They are also going after the "Solvent Trap" parts and kits. They just keep infringing like it's their job...

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
            Except for the part where they don't care what you think. They make these determinations and then go after businesses and individuals all the time. Constitution means nothing to Unconstitutional Agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
              Tell that to the people who have had their gun safes torched, their homes ransacked, and their lives turned upside down. They are a law enforcement org and they will put your azz in the stout house. Sheesh !

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                This is mostly about what's commonly known as "80 percent" receivers. Basically changing their stance to say "partially complete" is now considered a frame or receiver. Where before it was not considered a receiver until it is 100% complete and functional.

Definition of a “frame or receiver” includes a partially complete, disassembled, or nonfunctional frame or receiver that has reached a stage in manufacture where it may quickly and easily (“readily”) be made to function as a “frame or receiver”

They are also going after the "Solvent Trap" parts and kits. They just keep infringing like it's their job...
                So at what point is a block of aluminum/plastic considered a firearm?

Comment

I think that is the issue. The law is vague, so the ATF gets to make a determination. They are changing their definition, unfortunately it's the law until a judge, appeals court says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                    So at what point is a block of aluminum/plastic considered a firearm?
                    At one point they were claiming that if it took less than 8 hours in a machine shop to finish it was “readily convertible.”

One manufacturer stated their billet lowers took ~ 5 minutes from a solid block to machine.

Never mind the fact that I haven’t seen a single crime being committed with a home built 80% firearm. The gang crime “ghost guns” are all factory produced with ground off serial numbers.

Most of the mass shooters have bought their hardware legally from vendors that ran background checks, and SHOULD have come up as prohibited persons except the government failed to transfer the info fro one agency to another, so it wasn’t found.

They want you to believe these guys couldn’t get firearms legally so they are building their own to commit crimes, but that’s not the case.
                    Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 05-28-2022, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                      At one point they were claiming that if it took less than 8 hours in a machine shop to finish it was “readily convertible.”

One manufacturer stated their billet lowers took ~ 5 minutes from a solid block to machine.

Never mind the fact that I haven’t seen a single crime being committed with a home built 80% firearm. The gang crime “ghost guns” are all factory produced with ground off serial numbers.

Most of the mass shooters have bought their hardware legally from vendors that ran background checks, and SHOULD have come up as prohibited persons except the government failed to transfer the info fro one agency to another, so it wasn’t found.

They want you to believe these guys couldn’t get firearms legally so they are building their own to commit crimes, but that’s not the case.
                      Lol

I can show you a shizz ton of crimes with ghost guns. I've seen more in the last year than I've seen in 10. In fact I've seen more 80% kits than guns with missing serial numbers.

Non serialized suppressors mounted to non serialized ARs on a murder, ghost glocks with switches on PO involved shootings etc

Now, don't belive for one minute that I think these crooks are committing a crime with a gun they built. And they're too lazy to file off a serial number. But someone is putting them together

These idiots will literally have 9mm ammo in 40 mags sometimes so I find it hard to believe he could mount a block of plastic in a jig much less assemble one

The scary part is the amount of crime guns I personaly come across that aren't listed as stolen. People aren't keeping track of serial numbers or simply failing to call back and have it entered

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Lol

I can show you a shizz ton of crimes with ghost guns. I've seen more in the last year than I've seen in 10. In fact I've seen more 80% kits than guns with missing serial numbers.

Non serialized suppressors mounted to non serialized ARs on a murder, ghost glocks with switches on PO involved shootings etc

Now, don't belive for one minute that I think these crooks are committing a crime with a gun they built. And they're too lazy to file off a serial number. But someone is putting them together

These idiots will literally have 9mm ammo in 40 mags sometimes so I find it hard to believe he could mount a block of plastic in a jig much less assemble one

The scary part is the amount of crime guns I personaly come across that aren't listed as stolen. People aren't keeping track of serial numbers or simply failing to call back and have it entered

That right there is a shame! How can someone ever expect to have one returned, if recovered?

Comment

Lol

That's a **** shame man, and scary too. We're out there with our single stack 7 round 9mm pea shooters and those are the perps we're planning to defend against.

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          That right there is a shame! How can someone ever expect to have one returned, if recovered?
                          They only care about getting their money back and insurance pays for that. Look at all the guys on the forum who've had handguns stolen from their vehicles and still continue to just leave them in there 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Had a pistol stolen from my truck 3 years ago and reported it. Got a call from the Sheriffs Office about a year later and they were wanting to return it to me. They found it in Texarkana after someone commented a robbery with it.

Comment

Lol

I hate it when almost every day we recover guns that we are about 98% sure are stolen but no record.

Comment

Working...
                              X