2022 Workout accountability...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Workout accountability...

Okey dokey guys and gals, time to start posting in the 2022 thread.

2021 ended with a bang and 2022 started with a bang. I haven't been to he gym since last Wednesday. Wife tested positive for Covid on Thursday so it look like I'll be out for a couple more days. Dangit!

I'll get in on this!

Stepped up my game before Christmas to maintain through he holiday feasts. Plus, going to pour myself back into archery and continue with the goals I had before the wife and kids.

Planning to shoot TAC and get in shape for future Elk trips.

Comment

I’ve started on the right foot. My plan this year is to get on the treadmill min of 20 mins everyday.. hoping that will get me in the routine to progress more and get some of this Christmas belly off!

Comment

I failed in 2021, hoping this is the year to get back to being fit. Been downhill for me for a while, big time since 2020.

Comment

As someone who hated working out I decided at 40 to try something out of my comfort zone and went all in on triathlon. I loved it and dropped 40 pounds and was in the best shape of my life training for Ironman 70.3 Waco which was set for October 2021. In August 2021 I hit a red tailed hawk going 20 mph on my bike and destroyed my knee, shoulder and hand. I'm now three months post hand surgery and one month post shoulder surgery. I am training for Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga set for May 2022.

I started training last week. I can't swim but I feel like I kept a lot of fitness through these surgeries. I ran 26 miles and biked 51 miles last week. I have some major PTSD on the bike but that will wear off in time. Time to get after it!

Comment

Let’s go!!!!!

About to head in for the first session of 2022! Been at ranches since Friday and had covid prior to that so only 2 days in the gym since the 22nd

Let’s go see how outta shape I am in and how packed the gym is!

Comment

Recovering from a torn bicep and surgery on 10/31. Should be able to get back at it next month

Comment

I'm in and I'm going to do a better job this year of keeping the thread updated. Did good throughout the holidays getting 5 or 6 workouts in per week, but I did take the last weekend off.

Currently still doing Camp Gladiator 5 or 6 times a week. This year I really want (and need) to work on my midsection and reduce my body fat %. I'm due for my physical late February and will find out then my % body fat, and will try to set a goal around that to reduce it a point or so.

Getting ready for my second CG workout of 2022 now. Let's get it!

Comment

Focusing on progressive overload more this year especially in my compound lifts.

Comment

I haven't been to the gym since last Wednesday. My wife caught Covid and has been down so I've been taking care of her.

But, it's on tomorrow.

I'll be back to 5 days a week as long as I can drag my 63 year old butt outta da bed every day. I'll stick with 5X5 supersets as I was making good progress until I injured my wrist. The goal last year was to bench 300 again and I almost got it (295) until the injury. It will be the goal again this year. Reducing BF% and increasing mass are on the agenda as well.

Git u sum!

Comment

I've been able to stay fairly consistent. Training from home makes it a little easier. Been on a calorie surplus since October and have seen my weight and my strength increase. Will be headed back to a deficit starting next month.

Last nights workout:
                      Squats 6 x 4
                      Push Press 6 x 4
                      Pendlay Row 6 x 4
                      Incline BB Press 6 x 4
                      Incline Close Grip 6 x 4

Comment

In - 30lbs to drop in 2022. I have 100 yards from my back door down to the river which is a good 25 foot drop. Normally I use a chuck it stick to exercise my dog by tossing a ball nearly to the bank. Decided Jan 1 I'm going to do those hill climbs with her at as brisk of a pace as I can. Made 8 trips and gassed day 1.
                        Hit the elliptical yesterday as it was still in the 20s. Hill runs again today. My plan is cardio and stretching (low back issues) Mon,Tue, Thur, Fri with resistance on Wed for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                          As someone who hated working out I decided at 40 to try something out of my comfort zone and went all in on triathlon.
                          Kinda along the same lines....I just signed up for my first 4K at age of 40. I can't run 30 feet but I have 1 month and 24 days to be able to run a 5K.

Comment

Time for me to get back to the gym too! Let’s roll….

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                              Let’s go!!!!!

About to head in for the first session of 2022! Been at ranches since Friday and had covid prior to that so only 2 days in the gym since the 22nd

Let’s go see how outta shape I am in and how packed the gym is!
                              I ended up getting pulled away from work yesterday morning and was slammed from 6:45 to 6:45 so Ill be making up today and about to walk into the gym!

Comment

Working...
                              X