No announcement yet.

Who'll be first? E-F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an interesting side note the 80-amp Ford Charge Station Pro is built to use the truck's battery as a standby electric power system. It appears it comes standard on the XLT but the same charger is mentioned on the the "base" page. It's probably not yet known if that is an option but at my place, with enough solar that I can replace my daily usage if I'm plugged in during peak daytime, I kill several birds with one stone... Time will tell as we get more data on features, cost, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
      We are running lithium batteries in boats right now. They charge faster, last 10 to 12 years and are half the weight of lead batteries. So battery technology has come a long way and I would venture to say, not 50 years out.
      Yeah, my car has one. I would still bet money on 10-15 years out before trucks are truly better with them. And once they are better, watch out. 400 hp will be nothing then.

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      The discussion of how higher ambient air temps in the south wear harder on the electric vehicle batteries will be interesting to watch.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      I'd bet it's a little like the cold and salt being hard on engines up north right now.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
        We are running lithium batteries in boats right now. They charge faster, last 10 to 12 years and are half the weight of lead batteries. So battery technology has come a long way and I would venture to say, not 50 years out.
        It's interesting you mention reduced weight and batteries. These new F150 trucks are 35% heavier than their gas powered counterparts. Long-term that will mean more pollution, worse wrecks, and greater wear and tear on roads and bridges. There is an interesting article regarding this out today from Slate.

I just wonder how much real research has been done on every aspect by all these automobile companies that are pushing these vehicles out right now? Or are they more focused on politics of the moment and a quick buck?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
          It's interesting you mention reduced weight and batteries. These new F150 trucks are 35% heavier than their gas powered counterparts. Long-term that will mean more pollution, worse wrecks, and greater wear and tear on roads and bridges. There is an interesting article regarding this out today from Slate.

I just wonder how much real research has been done on every aspect by all these automobile companies that are pushing these vehicles out right now? Or are they more focused on politics of the moment and a quick buck?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
          It’s all about the $$$. Ford doesn’t care about saving the environment.

Comment

Now that they are on the market. Real world towing test.
            Last edited by XR650RRider; 07-01-2022, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I cant wait! I wish ford would open orders again.

I dont tow much(if I do I have access to a f350).

Our land is 138miles, I will install a charger there too.

We have a van for roadtrips.

Comment

Okay……
                Attached Files

Comment

TFL was saying it takes 77 kwh to get a full charge each night. That will be a significant electric bill if you have 2 electric vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
                    Now that they are on the market. Real world towing test.
                    Wow, that's bad. 700 ft lbs is no joke though.

One day the e-truck will work. Until then, diesel power it is.

Comment

Just got our first one at the small dealership I work at. They're pretty cool and have some crazy power, darn near throws your head and spins the back wheels when you punch it. Price is pretty crazy when you start moving up the line ours is a Lariat package, pretty fully decked out and is darn near almost $84k. The price for what you get in return is outrageous in my eyes, plus no one in the hill country can afford that kind of price tag with limited returns on true truck capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDogOutdoors View Post
                        Just got our first one at the small dealership I work at. They're pretty cool and have some crazy power, darn near throws your head and spins the back wheels when you punch it. Price is pretty crazy when you start moving up the line ours is a Lariat package, pretty fully decked out and is darn near almost $84k. The price for what you get in return is outrageous in my eyes, plus no one in the hill country can afford that kind of price tag with limited returns on true truck capabilities.

Are these truck all wheel drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I met a guy who had a 6 year old tesla. He loved talking about it until as asked how far he could go on a charge. He said its 6 years old so it only gets about 250 miles.
                          Those cool batteries will fall flat eventually and then you have a huge piece of junk sitting there. The one article i read about battery replacement said it was 13k for that tesla.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                            Forgive my ignorance on how a Hybrid works.... but, are you saying the truck would have an internal combustion engine and an electric engine? Just, a much much more efficient system 10 years down the road from now after a lot more tweaking to the system? I like the sound of that better than electric only and very limited mileage.
                            They already have it on trains.
                            You should look at mpg on a train pulling all that weight, vs a empty half ton.
                            10 yrs ago a guy displayed (at the big motor trend show) a truck he built himself that was a hybrid.
                            1000 hp, 800ftlbs, and 100mpg.
                            Now imagine that technology 10 yrs ago, built at home nonetheless, and we can't get a truck that gets 30mpg while towing with today's technology .
                            Big oil/government is our problem.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              I met a guy who had a 6 year old tesla. He loved talking about it until as asked how far he could go on a charge. He said its 6 years old so it only gets about 250 miles.
                              Those cool batteries will fall flat eventually and then you have a huge piece of junk sitting there. The one article i read about battery replacement said it was 13k for that tesla.
                              Heck it cost me 13000.00 because im a dumb azz and put def in my diesel.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

It will be good for you city boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X