• Show
Clear All

Awesome story, Shane. Praise the Lord!

Comment

yee ha, what a neat story!!

Comment

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

That is cool, when i would go see me papa at the home(also alzhiemers patient) he would ask me to bring his checkbook, because they were selling a lot of good cows every night!

Comment

Great story, thanks for sharing it. My mother had alzhiemers/dymentia before she passed away. It was very hard for me to go see her like that. One day though, I walked in and she said "Hi honey!". She remembered who I was and really had it all together. We were able to talk and talk about things. I stayed as long as I could that day but I now I wish I had stayed longer. The next time I saw her she was worse than ever. So keep going to see him, even though it is hard. You never know what miracles God has in store.

Comment

Beautiful! Thank you for helping us REMEMBER!

Comment

Shane, awesome story... Thanks for sharing!!!! My wife's grandmother has Alzheimer's and that hit home!!!

Comment

Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    I had to really hold myself together as we sat there looking into each other’s eyes talking about Heaven.
                    I can understand that! I could barely hold myself together just reading about it! Thanks for sharing this, Shane.

Comment

The LORD has blessed your family, go see him as much as you can. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Greatness. Prayers for you and all your family.

Comment

He DOES know where he is going! That's great! My Memaw was in a similar state of mind before she passed. We had a touching and emotional conversation right there in the TV room too. People were there visiting others and suddenly became interested in our conversation. Well, it went on and on, and I became more emotional. Others did too. After we were all spent on emotion, I wiped the tears away, said gooodbye, and started for the door. Just as I reached the door of the healthcare facility, Memaw said very seriously, "Darlin' could you let the cat out for me?" I stopped in my tracks and thought to myself, "What in the world..." I turned with a big smile and said, "Sure Memaw." Cherish every moment and take it anyway it comes. I'll always remember that even though she was out of her mind. Your a good man Shane!

Comment

WOW. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Awesome story!

Comment

great post. what a wonderful moment to have with him

Comment

Working...
                                X