Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    You must be a hoot around a campfire!
    Similar but different for me...years ago came home from work & wife starts preaching the praises of how FB is a must & listened to the sales speech which made up my mind right away. Told her I was gonna pass & wanted a reason and pretty much said the same thing as I take friendships very seriously & wouldn't feel comfortable have a whole bunch random & mutually acquainted people asking to be 'friends' & then lying about it and/or ignoring. I've made it a quest to keep fair weathered friendships at bay these days.

ANAYWAY, it wasn't the NEXT DAY that I walk through the door & get the dreaded spousal stink eye & then 20 questions about 'who is this such & such gal...why is she contacting me to ask how you are doing / if I'm joining FB'. I'll honestly say I lost it & went on the immediate defensive & was perfect example of why I knew FB wasn't for me & it ended there. Had friends over the next year call & ask why I didn't sign up & told them my feeling / example only to still hear buddies to this day exiting for various reasons.

Told my son back in Jr Hi not to open one & he had a short lived FB life I still don't know the whole story on...it works great for my daughter but mom watches over it. She also is taking the $150 to close down her account through the election. I guess it has it's place but I'm not a fan & glad a lot of folks have a good gig going with it. Just sad to hear that it's one of the leading causes that ultimately leads to infidelity / divorce.

I too have zero SM & that includes linkedin which may be a mistake & am considering albeit late to the game...snake bit.

Comment

Never had one and don't plan on getting one. If I want people to know what I'm doing they will know.

Or they can check TBH lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Never had any social media other than TBH. And never will.

Comment

Got off Facebook a few years ago, my life is way better without it.

Comment

Mark's going to be angry.

Comment

Deleted my facebook over 9 years ago

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Never had a bookface acct.
                I'm way ahead of the curve...

Comment

Deactivated 3 months ago. Getting too stressed. Realized I would never talk sense into someone over the internet. Thinking about deleting but need to get my pics first. Miss marketplace but broke anyway.

Comment

Never had one
                    Never understood the need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

i still have it but the only time I'm really on it is when I'm in the water closet. mostly for the county hunting and property owner pages

Comment

I deleted mine several years ago after not looking at it for many years. Got the same 30day notice in case I changed my mind. 2yrs later I received an email informing me it was permanently deleted.

Comment

Never had one, I’ll stick to this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Laszlo View Post
                            If you haven't canceled Netflix yet watch "Social Dilemma". It lays out how social media really works.
                            This. When the people that developed it won’t let their kids use it, it’s pretty telling...

Comment

I deactivated mine years ago then fired it back up last spring to sell my boat. My buddy invited me to some hunting groups, one of them a thermal group. Got on one day and saw a raffle for a pulsar thermal, threw $30 at it and won.

I don't add people and I delete anybody who is annoying, especially people who are too political. I'm not there for that. The marketplace is handy and some of the groups are cool.

I don't use it for keeping up with people who I haven't seen in years, if I don't talk to you now frankly I don't care what you are up to.

Comment

I’m going to try it, I spend way too much time on there. Even in the classifieds. So y’all might see more of me here.

Comment

Working...
                                X