Anyone ever hunt Agarita Springs Ranch by Utopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the title says has anyone hunted this area before? I drove by it today and am pretty sure I found the parking spot but there is absolutely no markings or signage of any kind that says public hunt area or TPWD. It looks like people park all up and down 470 there and not just at the one gate.

Also oit just says for archery season only so is the area just open through October?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it could be a good place to hunt if not over hunted. There are several places in then hill country that are walk in public hunting land. I called on one and they said park near the gate and just walk in. I think there was a sign in box and that was is

Comment

Following.

Comment

Archery season is all season.

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
          Archery season is all season.

That was my assumption but just wanted clarification as it just says every day of the Bandera archery season.

One in Kerrville only talks about late season. Doesn’t say regular season only specifically talks about late season.

Comment

I did a quick google search on this property and came up with nothing. The property ownership is private. Maybe it’s a new area? From Google Earth it looks like a decent property that would allow a chance at exotics.

Comment

I did a quick google search on this property and came up with nothing. The property ownership is private. Maybe it’s a new area? From Google Earth it looks like a decent property that would allow a chance at exotics.

Comment

Archery Only Season
                Oct. 3 - Nov. 6, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                  Archery Only Season
                  Oct. 3 - Nov. 6, 2020
                  Is there a contact number we can call to get clarification?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    Looks like it could be a good place to hunt if not over hunted. There are several places in then hill country that are walk in public hunting land. I called on one and they said park near the gate and just walk in. I think there was a sign in box and that was is
                    I have been looking in the book. I haven't found many walk in hunting places except for small game or a draw hunt.

There is this ranch, one in Kerrville late season and a couple of spots in San Angelo area. Am I missing a walkin area for exotics and/or deer?

Comment

What is stated in the book are the rules you have to follow. So archery season means just archery season. Late season only means late season only.

Last edited by quackadikt; 09-12-2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Looks like you could hunt exotics during turkey season which runs from Oct. 3rd to Jan 3rd. Plus Spring turkey March 20th to May 2nd at Agarita Springs Ranch

Just Whitetail would be during Archery season in October

Comment

Pretty sure you’re looking for more than it actually allows. To me, that reads that you can bow hunt during archery only season for whitetail. During that time frame, you are allowed pigs, coyotes, and exotics. No access during the firearms or special late season. Then you can go back during spring turkey season and also kill coyotes, pigs, and exotics. You should probably call the game warden to get clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                            I have been looking in the book. I haven't found many walk in hunting places except for small game or a draw hunt.

There is this ranch, one in Kerrville late season and a couple of spots in San Angelo area. Am I missing a walkin area for exotics and/or deer?
                            I was referring to Los Rincones that’s in Kerrville. I found t it eminent the spring time and it was open for like 5/6 weeks for exotics and turkeys I think. If I have time, I will make a trip or two out there. I’m only 45 minutes away.

Comment

New property this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X