No announcement yet.

Had enough of Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicked ford to the curb a year ago, 2014 F150 bought brand new off the lot was on it's 4th transmission before the warranty went out.

Bought a Tundra and never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Not to mention it's a truck, not a Prius.

That said, they all have issues. Toyota seems to overcome theirs by making everything easily serviceable. Prime example in a Toyota. Every spark plug is under the hood rather than the dash. This makes getting to spark plugs, removing heads, etc...100% easier. Toyota design spec requires all spark plugs to be able to be changed in 30 minutes. They have a time design spec for most repairs.

Meanwhile, I look under my Ford, or my dads GM, and no way a person is reaching the rear glow plugs or spark plugs without hours of getting all sorts of other components out of the way.

To be clear, I love my Ford, and probably will never buy a Toyota. But to see how Toyota raised the bar is impressive.
      except the steering rack. they wanted to charge 14 hours of labor to change one. someone mentioned that it could possibly require pulling the motor .

Comment

Look for a new tailgate online. Depending on color, you can probably find a replacement for $600 or less.

Comment

I've had 4th and 5th gen rams.
          They've both been solid trucks.
          Gas mileage really sucks on them when you install your 35s, but other than that they're great. I had a tundra before the rams it was a great truck, but the darn things ride like a 3/4 ton and they also get horrible mileage.
          I thought about buying a 2016 Ford 5.0, the year before all the aluminum. Those trucks actually got decent mileage and we're tough

Comment

I suggest you get on the F150 forums or Facebook groups to see what you can find out about the condition you are experiencing. I have two older cars and I have stopped relying on mechanics to properly diagnose issues. Obviously there are a bunch of knuckleheads on the forums and FB groups but if you do enough research you can find great information. My AC wasn't working very well on my daily driver and the mechanic wanted to replace the entire AC system. I got on one of the year and model specific FB groups and one of the guys coached me through pressing a series of buttons on the climate control to see if any fault codes come up. I gave the code to the same gentleman and he got me lined out with part number and a youtube video on how to change it out. Turns out it was just an actuator that I changed out myself for 40 bucks.

One benefit to seeking outside help from the dealership is that the aftermarket usually solves the shortcomings of the factory issue. In some cases the dealership is just going to replace it with the same flawed part.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              except the steering rack. they wanted to charge 14 hours of labor to change one. someone mentioned that it could possibly require pulling the motor .
              Blasphemy! How dare you said your Toyota needed work done.

Comment

This is a 2007, I have spent $0.00 on repairs since I purchased it new. I have replaced tires, battery wiper blades, the usual items.
                Attached Files

Comment

Investors sent Ford Motor Co shares skidding on Tuesday after the company delivered a weaker-than-expected 2020 forecast, warning of higher warranty costs, lower profits at its credit arm and continued investments in future technology such as self-driving cars. In comparison, electric carmaker Tesla closed up nearly 14%, pushing its market cap to $160 billion, more than four times the size of Ford's $36.4 billion. "The results were not OK in 2019," Ford Chief Financial Officer Tim Stone told reporters at the company's headquarters outside Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Blasphemy! How dare you said your Toyota needed work done.
                    easy there.... they said I needed it done about 2 years/30,000 miles ago. still haven't done it. so even their parts that are broken will still go forever.

Comment

I am obsessed with quality and purchased an 80 series toyota.
                      It has 300K miles and is indestructible as my daily driver.
                      I only get 13 mpg but it will never break down and maint costs are very low.

Only problem, I cannot tow much...might need an older Ford someday. .... Need to buy me a boat, and a truck to pull it!

Comment

Just gonna drop in that you could learn how to fix your own truck and save some cash. Sounds like the turbo burnt up/oil hadn't been changed/running through properly (6.0 heat exchanger anyone?) . Not sure if the turbos on these run lines from the main oil, or have their own system. I dont the 16-18 yr old kid to do oil, because they aren't much younger than me and I know what most of my age group is like lol. The turbo is expensive, and sounds like either your exhaust manifold failed from back pressure /hence the need to change those bolts/ or they're just covering their bases with your junked up turbo.

Probably not the advice you want to hear. You can always buy a Toyota that hasnt had new technology in forever.

Comment

10 out of 9 hotshot drivers run dodges. Make the switch.

Comment

I don't know what all yall's problems are, but my 08' Tundra Has not broken once. Toyota has recalled and replaced my door handles, brake, some vacuum system.
                            My dash is not cracked, all my gauges work. Never replaced bushings, tie rods, idler arms, nothing other than general maintenance.
                            So for someone to say it's common for all makes, I would have to call bull butter on that one.
                            My 2 dodges needed new transmissions by 88k. My GMC Yukon as well, plus instrument panels went out, dash codes coming on, and rode like a donkey.
                            Toyota still running smooth like I just took it off the showroom floor.
                            178k and going. Paint is still great, no clear coat wear, and it has never been garage kept.
                            So if some want to stick with your favorite trucks and keep repairing them, that is your choice. Me, I'll just use all that repair money to hunt and fish with!!

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                              10 out of 9 hotshot drivers run dodges. Make the switch.
                              lol

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o99vKeKaxv4&feature=share"]FOR REAL I NEED TO OWN A FORD RAPTOR!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X