• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    BoB would probably park ever pitch.....
    And bat flip. 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      So you're ok with transgender boys playing in girls sports? The girls would still dominate because the field is smaller, right?

Again, I like the game. I watched yesterday. Comparing the womens athletic ability to men is the part I disagree with you on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      I don't know where in the hell you came up with that, or if any of it makes sense. I never said they were more athletic, I said they were catching up in terms of skill and that they are athletic than you probably give them credit for being. Also, that I think the "game" itself is better in many ways.

Men are more athletic, on average, than women. I agree and said that previously. If you don't think there are women that are more athletic (faster, stronger, more coordinated) than you (and me and pretty much all of us having this discussion) ever were you, are absolutely wrong.
      Go look up Lolo Jones working out with 235 pounds and tossing it around while doing some kind of jumping jack-like routine. Or a gymnast, or....
      Not trying to take this down a rabbit hole, or a transgender trail. The original discussion was about softball, the great things about it and that some prefer it to baseball, or at least to a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
        If I recall correctly they have had some success in recent years, did well in regionals maybe even went to a Super Regional 2 or 3 years ago? Maybe not Cinderella's but still a cool story. Almost anyone is a Cinderella against OU this year.

That’s fair... I just think with a record of 40-2 they do deserve to be there. I understand they are a mid major program. It is a cool story though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          And bat flip. [emoji23][emoji23]
          [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            BoB would probably park ever pitch.....
            BoB did play center field for the Plano Athletics in his mid 30s in the Plano Men's league and one season in the DABA. [emoji6]

That girl for Bama would make me look foolish currently tbough. Lol.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-04-2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I'm just here to watch the girls that look good in "Sporterized Yoga Pants"!

The problem with women's softball is there are more of them that look like they could fill two airline seats

Comment

Originally posted by Go Pokes View Post
                There are some girls throwing upper 50s in 12U.

Like others have said, it is a different game. To me it is more enjoyable to watch, and I know what kind of athletes those girls are. I do like watching college baseball, but pros I can't even begin to get into a game. I like the shorter game of softball as it adds a sense of urgency to the game where you have to make some risky calls to get a run across.

Some of you are getting caught up in comparing guys to girls. I think it is a now brainer that guys are faster and stronger than most girls, so they are more "athletic", but I would challenge any one of you to step in front of a high school pitcher and see if you could hit it. Let alone a college pitcher.
                Good explanation Pokes. It would be an eye opener for most to face a good high school pitcher.
                A friend's daughter was throwing upper 50's, even low to mid 60's on a good day in the 8th grade. There were several larger SEC schools already interested in her. The rules have changed in the last couple years and she has had a rash of injuries so we will have to wait and see how it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                  That’s fair... I just think with a record of 40-2 they do deserve to be there. I understand they are a mid major program. It is a cool story though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  It's an awesome story, and they are in good position to go far and I am not discounting them. When I saw them beat Missouri I knew they were for real, and not OU knows too.

Comment

My niece just completed her junior year of HS. She pitches in the mid 60’s. Was the Idaho HS 5a co-player of the year this season. She has worked hard since she was very young.
                    Very exciting times for the young lady as she preps for college.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                      My niece just completed her junior year of HS. She pitches in the mid 60’s. Was the Idaho HS 5a co-player of the year this season. She has worked hard since she was very young.
                      Very exciting times for the young lady as she preps for college.
                      Congrats to your niece, that is very impressive. It is very cool watching them progress and it sounds like she has a bright future ahead of her. Good luck to her.

Comment

I guess it is like the old saying goes- "to each his own!" For me personally i love watching high school football, college football, March Madness tournament and women's college softball. I do not however like watching baseball. I will watch the ladies play regionals, super regionals and the World Series religiously. I have two athletic sons- one played some college football and the other is a successful power lifter. That being said- I have no daughters but I feel that the young ladies are super talented, athletic, highly spirited, competitive and a Joy to watch! To each his own.

Did someone say Fouts 17 K's?
                        Maya Brady aka Tom Brady's niece goes yard in World Series as a freshman and is voted as an All American.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                          Congrats to your niece, that is very impressive. It is very cool watching them progress and it sounds like she has a bright future ahead of her. Good luck to her.
                          Thanks. The miles they have log during the summer seems very exhausting. Lots of work for the parents as well. We are proud and excited for her.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                            Thanks. The miles they have log during the summer seems very exhausting. Lots of work for the parents as well. We are proud and excited for her.
                            Yes sir. Have logged many of those miles and spent many of those dollars myself

My daughter took a step back this summer to a smaller organization that will only play in state this summer most likely. The team she was on was planning on playing in five states in two months - kinda rough on the parents

Comment

As a dad that spends a lot of time on a bucket catching my 16 year old who is throwing around 60..I can say at that speed when and fact that can make it break in / out / up/ and god forbid down(i hate drop balls). It is very easy to end up with some nasty bruises. I like changeup days... that 42 mph changup is a lot easier to catch and can make batters look stupid.

Comment

Did someone say Fouts 17 K's?
                                Maya Brady aka Tom Brady's niece goes yard in World Series as a freshman and is voted as an All American.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir - was hoping FSU would pull that one out myself but UCLA is tough with Rachel Garcia, Brady and several other great players

Comment

Working...
                                X