50" cattle panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
    I repaired my pen this weekend. I had this idea to build a “jump area” with spots for the deer to crawl under the cattle panel. I am curious how this will work - the cattle panels were keeping does and fawns out.
    I have had a crawl space before, but allowed the darn pigs to get in.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
      I have had a crawl space before, but allowed the darn pigs to get in.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

We had some guys try that but the pigs tore them up. My crawl spaces are behind a hog panel.

In theory, the hogs can’t get past the hog panel and if the cattle get over the hog panel, they would be deterred by the 52” panels.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
        I repaired my pen this weekend. I had this idea to build a “jump area” with spots for the deer to crawl under the cattle panel. I am curious how this will work - the cattle panels were keeping does and fawns out.

Very interesting concept. Let me know how it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So far the cattle panels are working great. Has not affected the deer at all.

Comment

My 3 strand is holding the cows out and a couple of guy redid pens this weekend. Square pens with barbed wire at hog panel height and another strand about 10 inches above. They also put T-posts every 4 feet to keep them nice and sturdy. Will report back in a month to see how they are doing.

Comment

50" cattle panels

Very long weekend. Should of took more pics, just videos, but you get the idea. Hopefully keeps the cows out and deer in

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                Very long weekend. Should of took more pics, just videos, but you get the idea. Hopefully keeps the cows out and deer
                Hope it works for you. I did that exact same thing and the cows blew right through it in a week. Then I fixed it added more barbed wire. Cows blew through it. After fixing and upgrading 7 times I gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                  Hope it works for you. I did that exact same thing and the cows blew right through it in a week. Then I fixed it added more barbed wire. Cows blew through it. After fixing and upgrading 7 times I gave up.
                  If they get through this, nothing will stop them. We’ll see. Definitely my last try, should be fishing then messing with this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                    If they get through this, nothing will stop them. We’ll see. Definitely my last try, should be fishing then messing with this crap.
                    I went to 50" tall cattle panels and so far they are working. Hope your solution works for you.

Comment

Does it depend on the type of cattle? We have had black angus cattle graze our place and our previous deer leases and we never had them jumping into our 36in tall hog panels. Sorry you have had so much trouble but it looks like you are doing the best you can. Fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Add a strand of barbed wire six inches above your panel and make it tight, real tight. problem solved.

Comment

Another thing if you are in an area experiencing drought conditions and you are free choice feeding, cattle will do their best to get to said feed.

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                            Add a strand of barbed wire six inches above your panel and make it tight, real tight. problem solved.
                            Negative, I started with one at 6" one at 12" tighter than a nats azz, set deadmen at each corner lasted a 4 days, repaired went to three strands lasted a day. Repaired several more times no dice.

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                              Another thing if you are in an area experiencing drought conditions and you are free choice feeding, cattle will do their best to get to said feed.
                              Word

Comment

Working...
                              X