Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, following this cool project.

Comment

The coop from Pinterest is pretty much what I built. Use a bike tire tube as your water proofer for the nesting box lid, installed under the 1x4 and under the hinges. My coop has 2’ legs with the bottom fenced in for shade. I think you should fence yours in even with it lower than mine. A plexiglass window on the big door is handy to look in rather than opening the door. RentACoop chicken water cups and their Port Feeders installed on 5 gallon buckets work pretty good. I did a lean to roof with metal roofing on the coop and half of the fenced in run.

Comment

That dang pintrest has generated more unwanted projects for me than I can count!

I went a little overboard on our coop for the amount of chickens that we have. But if we wanted to, we could probably run about 30 chickens. LOL

Some ideas for you.....
        Self watering system using a lick tub.

Sun shade over the run. This actually deflect allot of rain too. I really like it.

I am fixing to build a self feeder using a lick tub, and some 3" pvc 90's. The one I have now is a bad design, and makes a mess.
        Last edited by Palmetto; 03-25-2021, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
          Best tip is to put a poop box (plastic bin with wood chips) under the roost bar. Saves a lot of clean up time.
          Yes sir......we can slide ours in and out and keep shavings in it. Sure makes it easier to clean up. These things are some crapping machines.

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
            The coop from Pinterest is pretty much what I built. Use a bike tire tube as your water proofer for the nesting box lid, installed under the 1x4 and under the hinges. My coop has 2’ legs with the bottom fenced in for shade. I think you should fence yours in even with it lower than mine. A plexiglass window on the big door is handy to look in rather than opening the door. RentACoop chicken water cups and their Port Feeders installed on 5 gallon buckets work pretty good. I did a lean to roof with metal roofing on the coop and half of the fenced in run.

It will definitely be fully fenced with hardware cloth. I’m putting 4x6 skids on the bottom of it so that I can move it around every so often. I’m planning on a metal roof on the coop, and a full metal roof over the run as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Taking advantage of the day off & free labor, while my dad is in town. Knocking out the framing, then going to get windows, siding, & trim for tomorrow.

Comment

Got the roof insulated & decked, got the windows in, and got the nesting box dividers cut. Hard to be productive with my 2 & 4 year old underfoot and “helping”, but it’s coming along. Should get the siding & metal roof on tonight. I’ll be cutting a 1 1/2“ slot out of the insulation on either side of the ridge board, to accommodate a ridge vent.

Comment

Looking good! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Pm sent

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

These are looking slick guys very nice

Comment

Looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m a fan. I want chickens but I think we would have a hard time keeping them alive.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Looking good

Comment

That’s going to be way nicer than what my chickens got

Comment

Working...
                                X