No announcement yet.

2021 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TexasFlyer. My kid plays for LaTech and they just dealt the Falcons a bruising. Bats came out for sure. Have LSU tomorrow at 5

Comment

TCU 3-2 over Mississippi State
      Ole Miss 5-4 over Texas Tech
      Arkansas leading UT late, 4-0

Comment

Texas bats are colder than last Tuesday morning. They’ve gotten some good pitching, but are getting owned at the plate. I hate to say it’s their approach this early, but they have taken a TON of strikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dale it can be lots of things with baseball. Kids afraid to fail. Early season jitters. Some teams just are not family and a bunch of good baseball players wearing same uniform but not connected. Never can tell until later in the season - you will be able to pick out teams that have bonded as a family unit as they usually run deep if they have talent.

Comment

Texas has struck out in 1/2 of its plate appearances so far through two games. I understand baseball is a long game and you want to peak in June not February, but its ugly right now.

Comment

Sure would like to see a Big XII sweep today. Down 5 wins to 1 so far.

Comment

Heath. Team may not have found any chemistry yet. Have patience.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Dale it can be lots of things with baseball. Kids afraid to fail. Early season jitters. Some teams just are not family and a bunch of good baseball players wearing same uniform but not connected. Never can tell until later in the season - you will be able to pick out teams that have bonded as a family unit as they usually run deep if they have talent.
                  They have plenty of leadership, made up of multi-year starters. I'm not sure if it's approach, philosophy, or just rust....but it's only 2 games so far. It's also worth noting that they have seen some REALLY good pitching.

Not for nothing either, but their field was under ice for the last week, and a lot of guys probably have been worried about their families situations back home.

Either way, it's early and they are playing top notch competition.

It's good to be baseball season.

Comment

Good weekend of Razorback baseball. WoooooPigSooooie!

Comment

Heath. Team may not have found any chemistry yet. Have patience.
                      They need to find their swings! This 48% strike our percentage is on the individuals in the box.
                      Last edited by Chad C; 02-22-2021, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Ags dropped both games of Saturday’s double header. They started out pretty hot in game 1, but then started looking like they haven’t played meaningful competitive baseball in a year and a half.

We had to listen to yesterday’s game on the radio (when we could find it) on our drive home, but they played much better in a rout (still had a dozen LOBs of you’re looking for things to work on.)

The local kid (Ryan Targac) hit a solid two run pinch hit single and scored a run in the later innings of the finale and played an inning or two in the OF (he’s a SS/3B but it sounds like they’re looking for ways to be able to get his bat in the game with a crowded infield after a solid spring at the plate.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

TexasFlyer. My kid plays for LaTech and they just dealt the Falcons a bruising. Bats came out for sure. Have LSU tomorrow at 5
                          Yeah coach Kaz texted me after the loss. He was ******. Chalk that up to not re-focusing after beating LSU.

My roommate and fellow pitcher is a C17 driver stationed in Charleston, got to take them home. Talk about things becoming full circle.

Question for the crowd. Anyone else know of any programs still trying to make these early season games work with players being down due to covid quarantine? I know the AFA was down 8 players going into last weekend. I don’t think they were all sick, just the Academy trying to cover their asses.

Comment

They are testing twice a week- Close contact go into hiding- they are doing best they can. Debth will be key this year

Comment

They are testing twice a week- Close contact go into hiding- they are doing best they can. Debth will be key this year
                              My kids opening series got canceled due to weather in San Antonio but we were told no hanging around after games and no sit down meals with the players this season.

Comment

Texas and Tech may be opting out early.

First pitch is about 15 minutes out. If nothing else, I hope Texas learns a few things.

Comment

Working...
                                X