No announcement yet.

Somerville 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any good suggestions for fixed broadhead arrows? Wanting to switch from the mechanical on my bloodsport arrows with outserts. I use a compound bow too. I know I can read a million reviews online, just curious to hear opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
      I know where your honey hole is and won’t go near it!......don’t worry I won’t be the guy walking around opening morning playing Rambo and trying to “stalk” one thru there lol! There are good bucks at Nails and Yegua units....I’ve seen shooters at both. If we don’t get flooded out this year, I believe it will be one of the best years yet. Hopefully the acorns will be better than last year.
      Lol you don't know me!!! Hahahahaha hey I'm solo this season boss is over across one of the oceans...playing ig Joe Haha but in all seriousness most know where I'm at been there for 10 yrs lol just most don't understand we just lucky nothing more to it lol in 12 yrs of hunting phl here have yet to get the opportunity on anything bigger than a 3point of spike and does iv seen some that make you wanna pass out but never sealed it lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone have any good suggestions for fixed broadhead arrows? Wanting to switch from the mechanical on my bloodsport arrows with outserts. I use a compound bow too. I know I can read a million reviews online, just curious to hear opinions.
        Nope I'm no help im a rage man lol

Comment

I have AT&T and my service works in some areas and doesn’t work in some areas. I may be incorrect but don’t those cameras need 4G to work effectively? Somerville is pretty much the lowest area and almost all of it is in the flood plain so just before if you put a camera out.

Originally posted by 01milburnsc View Post
          If I were going to use a cell cam what service works better, AT&T or Verizon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used Rage Hypodermic to kill my 8pt last year. Was just think about switching it up.

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
            Nope I'm no help im a rage man lol

Comment

I’ll hunt Boss’s stand then! He won’t care lol! Just kidding!...save that area so he gets a nice one when he comes back from serving our country! I have 3 spots where I think there will be shooters so hit me up if you need any help....not telling you about the best one though lol.

Lol you don't know me!!! Hahahahaha hey I'm solo this season boss is over across one of the oceans...playing ig Joe Haha but in all seriousness most know where I'm at been there for 10 yrs lol just most don't understand we just lucky nothing more to it lol in 12 yrs of hunting phl here have yet to get the opportunity on anything bigger than a 3point of spike and does iv seen some that make you wanna pass out but never sealed it lol

Comment

I’ll hunt Boss’s stand then! He won’t care lol! Just kidding!...save that area so he gets a nice one when he comes back from serving our country! I have 3 spots where I think there will be shooters so hit me up if you need any help....not telling you about the best one though lol.
                Haha oh ill be in his stand opening morning i got till he gets back to give him payback the buck he's ALWAYS bragging about i had to stay home so son was just 4months old and couldn't hunt that day and he went to mine and at 245pm smoked him may be wrong but it scored 142 lol

Comment

I have a brother too! I understand. Best buck taken off that place!

Haha oh ill be in his stand opening morning i got till he gets back to give him payback the buck he's ALWAYS bragging about i had to stay home so son was just 4months old and couldn't hunt that day and he went to mine and at 245pm smoked him may be wrong but it scored 142 lol

Comment

Before he find this thread and brags haha

Comment

I have been hunting with the SIK F4. I have really liked the results on hogs and looking forward to using them this deer season. Very accurate, great quality, and decently priced.

Comment

***!?!?!??! 2 deer 1 doe 1 buck?!?!?!? ***!?!?!?

Comment

2 deer only 1 doe 1 buck

Comment

How have y’all enjoyed hunting this area in the past? I’m a SHNF guy and will be again this year but always wondered what people’s experience is in Somerville

Comment

On a different note...Anybody see any Dove around there?

Comment

Originally posted by 01milburnsc View Post
                                If I were going to use a cell cam what service works better, AT&T or Verizon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The camera does not have to be for the service provider you use. For instance, I run Spartan cameras and I have AT&T service for my personal phone. However, there is one area that Verizon has service and ATT does not. So I will run a Verizon camera out there. It just works through the app, not your phone service plan. I just picked up a Tactacam to go along with my Spartans

Personally, I would be a little iffy putting a camera out there but Tactacam is only 100 bucks which is a lot to lose but in the cell camera world that is cheap.

I will be hunting out there for the first time as well. I have been scouting using satellite mapping - thehuntersight.com for my maps along with the tpwd website. Aerial scouting is great to mark a few spots you think may be promising to then go and put boots on the ground. I won't be hunting this unit much but may hunt a couple of days during the year due to only being an 1.5 hour drive from house.

Comment

Working...
                                X