Stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    If'n yall had bought Tesla this time last year, you could have made 7X your money!
    That doesn't help me now, though...ugh (banging head on wall)

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
      That doesn't help me now, though...ugh (banging head on wall)
      You and me both!!!! I still dont own any.

Comment

If'n yall had bought Tesla this time last year, you could have made 7X your money!
        Yep.

I’m making some bets on some other EV players now. May never be what Tesla is but at ground floor I’ll bet some money on them to at least be 2x+

Comment

if...ifs & butts were candy & nuts...we'd all have a merry christmas

tsla is a strange critter for sure. I am staying clear.

but you are correct..If only...

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            tsla is a strange critter for sure. I am staying clear.
            Exactly why I could never convince myself to buy it. I still dont understand what is driving(pun) the price.

Comment

I think ol' Elon has the magic touch.

Comment

Not sure about the stock but you can’t hardly buy one of the cars. Just checked on one and will be 7 months

Comment

Stocks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by bobc; 07-14-2020, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    I think ol' Elon has the magic touch.

I got in at 264. Thinking I will ride on and see where this guy takes it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                      How do y'all keep up with the tax man's piece?
                      I do a lot of my trading in an IRA so don't have to pay taxes on the gains. If I know it's going to be a quick trade where I get in & out in a couple of days or if it's a penny stock or if it's a high risk trade, I'll trade that in my regular account. From there all tax software (turbotax or taxcut) can usually pull those in and automatically calculate the tax man's money. That allows me to claim both gains and losses with taxes.

Here's a couple of stocks that benefit from what may be our new normal:

SQ has been on a great run lately. As more businesses go online or mobile, this could be an innovator in the online payment space. It's had a big run recently and their PE ratio is very high so it may be too late to jump in this one.

CWH (Camping World) has also done well with everyone buying RVs so they can still travel and still socially distance from others. We just spent 3 weeks traveling with our travel trailer. I could work from where we parked it. Got to go to Louisiana, Alabama, Florida and back. This is my 2nd trailer and I've had one for years, but others are buying for the first time and need all the latest gadgets for their new trailers.

Others like WGO, THO, MBUU, MCFT may be work a deeper look as well in the camping/boating stocks.
                      Last edited by BigL; 07-14-2020, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Could have done the same with CWH. Buy at $5 in April at almost $35 today. Makes sense in this socially distance world as well. TSLA on the other hand doesn't offer much benefit right now with gas prices at 1.79/gallon.
                        Last edited by BigL; 07-14-2020, 11:28 PM.

Comment

As expected...big jump this morning, after the past 2 days of those who had the inside info. I'm sure Friday will be pullback day.

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                            I bought NVAX @ 42 & it’s doing great so far. Thinking about selling if it drops to $80
                            NVAX is now up to $142. Glad I did not sell

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                              NVAX is now up to $142. Glad I did not sell
                              My bud and I used to buy and sell that stock when the bird flu was a thing. I think it was $3-4/share then, now it has gone crazy. He still sends me texts about it.

Woulda coulda shoulda...

Comment

Amazon has been good to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X