X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice....Congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      Cow elk, mule deer, whitetail, pronghorn buck and doe. Going to do some trapping and coyote hunting as well this winter. Always, now, on the lookout for a wolf on the ranch we work for.
      Spouse has general elk, cow elk, whitetail, mule deer and pronghorn buck and doe as well.

I rough scored the ram at 176 6/8. He has great mass and was aged at 6 1/2 years.
      What a ram! Awesome tags and all the hunting you get to do up there.

In general, can you share if you mostly hunt the whitetail on private or public?

Comment

Dang! A man could reinvent himself up there in Wyoming!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter_2 View Post
          Nice ram! Seeing you next to the ram puts into perspective how big they are. Congrats!
          X2. I had no idea they were that big. Beautiful ram and congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
            What a ram! Awesome tags and all the hunting you get to do up there.

In general, can you share if you mostly hunt the whitetail on private or public?
            We have some private access but also can hunt the NF east of Laramie and some scattered parcels in Sybille Canyon area. It is an additional tag and for specific areas, we have seen some bucks on the ranch we work for so that's why we put in.

Went pronghorn hunting yesterday and this morning, over near Saratoga, Wy. Public land and bucks are hard to find right now but winter is coming and will push some more into the area. Found 2 mature bucks, mine goes 13 + and the spouses pushes 14 inches.
            Notice the weather change from pone day to the next.
            Attached Files

Comment

wow you are having a great year! congrats! I lived in Wyoming for 6 months last year and didnt get to do any hunting due to the draw system. I missed out.

Comment

Congrats. I had applied for a unit around there that was a 100% draw at 5.5 points for the last four years. Not this year. I'm hoping we can get it next year with 6.5 points and we are not chasing a ghost.

Is that the same unit you hunted last year?

Comment

Same area less pronghorn this year on the public but lots on private so numbers may not be really way down.
                  If you want a guided hunt in this area for a nice buck, Spur Outfitters, Saratoga Wyoming had the big bucks on their land.
                  6.5 PP should get you a really nice area to hunt, lots of good areas with those PP.

Comment

Nice antelopes!

Comment

Wow that's awesome, congrats and I'm impressed.

Comment

Nice goats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Awesome ram and nice bucks. Congrats

Comment

So jealous! Congrats

Comment

Congrats, nice ram. I've hunted Wyoming several times for antelope and mule deer. It is my favorite western state.

Comment

Working...
                                X