No announcement yet.

Epic Trad Javi Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great shooting and looks like loads of fun.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats to everyone.

Comment

Looks like y'all did well lads! Congratulations.

Question of quriosity......did the deer down there still have antlers? I was at my place this weekend and most every buck still had both sides.

Comment

I got the impression they were starting to drop, so yes and no.

Honestly though, for all my trips javi hunting in March over the years (5 total on 3 different ranches)... I have never paid much attention as I am more focused looking for groups of javi... if I see deer, I just keep driving....

And on top of that, in march, the big guys are so pressured, I have never caught glimpse of one (except in the breeding pen on the one and only HF ranch I hunted)

Comment

Awesome. I've had some good times doing that. Rabbits are the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Awesome. I've had some good times doing that. Rabbits are the best!
              Rabbits are a blast to hunt with a bow. My priority is to kill a javi, but I usually can't take it and will stop and try and shoot some between stalks... it took all I had to drive past em at times.

Comment

Since Jeff bragged on his efficient use of a broadhead, I will take the time to brag on this little road feeder.

Found it at a yard sale for $15... talked em down to $10. Cleaned off the rust and sprayed it with 3 cans of $.99 spray paint from walmart. A $2 wire harness from amazon and I had a $15 hitch mount feeder that goes for $150 at academy.

This was the first time I got to use it in S Texas, which is what I had in mind when I picked it up.

Comment

Just when you thought this thread was over...

Every javi hunting camp has the same discussion... who eats these things? Well I do!

Comment

I do too, now! One of the guys in our group found a lady to make tamales out of them, and they are yummy!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Brown

Season

Slow cook

See ya in 8 hrs!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        I do too, now! One of the guys in our group found a lady to make tamales out of them, and they are yummy!!!!!

Bisch

Thought I would never hear you utter the words yummy and Javi... ever!

Glad you found a way to like em!

I thought tamales would be a great way to... but never found a person.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          Thought I would never hear you utter the words yummy and Javi... ever!

Glad you found a way to like em!

I thought tamales would be a great way to... but never found a person.

Javi is good, as long as you find a way to fix it that covers up the “javi” taste!!!! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            Javi is good, as long as you find a way to fix it that covers up the “javi” taste!!!! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

And there it is!!!

Comment

Wish our land owner would allow this on our lease. Our neighbor across the road from us has had two bow hunts allready. First hunt got 22, next hunt got ten with a few more lost. We are covered in these things.

Comment

8 hrs later...

Soooo gooood!

Ate it over rice since HEB isnt making fresh tortillas and even the commercial tortillas were out.

Comment

Working...
                                X