Bergara B-14 HMR 6.5 Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not hijacking your pos, but...

I was looking into the exact same Bergara rifle for a while. Started off on the Ruger Precision Rifle train. After a lot of research and shooting my Sako 75 more, I decided on a Tikka T3x CTR in 6.5 CM. I gotta say, the Finnish really know how to build a bolt action rifle!! I love my Sako action and the Tikka action is darn close to how buttery the Sako is.

I'm planning on putting a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm on it. It's not a $500 scope...but with ebay and the Vortex lifetime warranty...

Comment

I have one and I love it. I have a vortex pst gen II 3-15. Got the scope for 575 on midway.com. Might be a little overkill for stand hunting but its fun at the range.

Comment

I have the Bergara HMR in 6.5 as well. For scope on mine I’m running the Athlon Ares ETR it’s a little more (closer to 1000). But on my AR10 I have the Athlon Talos BTR 4-14 and it does amazing at 1000yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LillDragun View Post
          Not hijacking your pos, but...

I was looking into the exact same Bergara rifle for a while. Started off on the Ruger Precision Rifle train. After a lot of research and shooting my Sako 75 more, I decided on a Tikka T3x CTR in 6.5 CM. I gotta say, the Finnish really know how to build a bolt action rifle!! I love my Sako action and the Tikka action is darn close to how buttery the Sako is.

I'm planning on putting a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm on it. It's not a $500 scope...but with ebay and the Vortex lifetime warranty...
          If you’re paying more than $500 for a Gen I PST (which the 6-24 is) you’re not trying very hard. Personally there are much better options for the money these days than the Gen I. The Gen II is a much needed upgrade in both glass and durability department. I’ve owned 4 PST Is and 3 PST IIs. Good thing about Vortex is you don’t have to worry about buying used. The warranty is good regardless whether you bought it new or used.

Comment

I got one over the Thanksgiving holiday. I had APR put a Jewel trigger set at 1 1/4 lbs and an area 419 brake on it before I ever shot it. We finally took it out to zero it last weekend. After zeroing, it shot three 3/8” groups in a row. I was going for 1/4” but just couldn’t get it done. I can’t wait to see what it will do after I get a couple hundred rounds down range and a load developed for it. I was shooting eld-m factory ammo

Comment

Originally posted by strait shooter View Post
              I got one over the Thanksgiving holiday. I had APR put a Jewel trigger set at 1 1/4 lbs and an area 419 brake on it before I ever shot it. We finally took it out to zero it last weekend. After zeroing, it shot three 3/8” groups in a row. I was going for 1/4” but just couldn’t get it done. I can’t wait to see what it will do after I get a couple hundred rounds down range and a load developed for it. I was shooting eld-m factory ammo
              Just want to note that I appreciate your honesty in regards to your larger than 1/4” accuracy. There are a lot more of us that appreciate the fact that you didn’t have to say “one-holer, bug-holes, or the ever infamous tack-driver”.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                I am running one of these.

Leupold Mark 8 3.5-25X56
                You coulda got a lot nicer scope for a lot less money.

OP. They are great rifles for what they are. Mine shot well. Just wasn’t a creedmoor fan. Spoiled by faster calibers. With the selection of factory ammo and that rifle you’ll be pleased. I second the recommendation to bump to the glass budget slightly and you’ll have a great package

Comment

Sent a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one in a 6.5 Creedmoor that I bought new. Have a Vortex Gen II 5x25 on it. I would be willing to sell it. PM me!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive got one with a Vortex PSTII 6-24 on it. Love it. yotes and hogs arent safe inside 800yrds.

Comment

Good to know information here thanks! I am looking to purchase one this spring in 300wm.

Originally posted by strait shooter View Post
                        Strait Shooter - Did APR give any other feedback or suggestions for improvements? How do you like the area 419 brake?

Comment

For those that have one, any issues or regrets on the guns weight? Think its a couple pounds heavier than others but was curious. Ive been wanting one for a while.

Comment

Ive got one I will make you a SMOKING deal on. Has a Timney trigger in it as well. Bought it to be my long range antelope gun here in Colorado. Unfortunately one weekend of walking 5-8 miles a day was all it took for me to decide to go with something lighter. With the Timney trigger, a Leupold MK 4 scope, and 142 grain eld-x bullets, it is an absolute tack driver. .5" all day long. has exactly 32 rounds down the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                              For those that have one, any issues or regrets on the guns weight? Think its a couple pounds heavier than others but was curious. Ive been wanting one for a while.
                              I have one and absolutely love it for a stand gun, and competition gun. If I was hiking with it though... I'd rather take my AR10 and its 13lbs with a full mag.

I am running the HMR in 6.5cm with a 22" barrel. Now I believe they come with 24". I've been using the rifle to get into PRS competitions and it has been wonderful. I use the American Gunner 140grain BTHP and get about a .75" group at 200yards.

Comment

I have been wanting one of the Primary Arms FFP scopes that has the mils and 1000 yard bullet drop compensation reticle and it’s $499 I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X