Stolen Valor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen Valor?

Is there anyway to verify if someone has served?

Ask them for their DD214

Comment

not sure on how to verify but can we get some of the juicy details to your story please

Comment

All I got is Discharge papers. Is that a DD214? Was way back in about 1975, so I forgot.

Comment

In the 80s we got a DD214. Had to present it to employers.

Gary

Comment

something happen that makes you think someone is stealing valor?

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
              something happen that makes you think someone is stealing valor?
              Yes I want to hear the back story.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
                Is there anyway to verify if someone has served?
                Hey man, just because some one served don’t mean they can’t steal valor.

I was waiting on a bone scan at the VA in San Antonio when some yahoo that was in for 36 months was telling me he was a SEAL, Recon Marine, Delta, and SF. I called him a liar and the fight ensued and ended very quickly. I told my ole lady on the phone what happened after the VA cops settled things and I said “I’m not saying I deserve better, but I earned better because I’m retired”. So now I go on base or to private Doctors off base.

If you are driven to question such, it probably ain’t someone you wanna be around anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                  All I got is Discharge papers. Is that a DD214? Was way back in about 1975, so I forgot.
                  mine was 77 haven't seen in years

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                    mine was 77 haven't seen in years
                    My wife found mine the other day cleaning out a file cabinet.

Comment

Ask to see their DD214. It’s basically a summary of their service. Ask them what their MOS and unit was also.

Comment

If he tells you strange stories about strange places and has an unusually high number of humanitarian medals and presidential unit citations then he is the “real deal”.

Comment

Ask detailed questions. If he answers, "that's classified" he's full of ****.

If he's claiming be to a Navy Seal sick Don Shipley on him. If you don't know Don Shipley here's a link to his youtube content https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=don+shipley

Comment

There were less than 300 Navy Seals that served in Vietnam. I've met all 5000 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              There were less than 300 Navy Seals that served in Vietnam. I've met all 5000 of them.
                              . True dat

Comment

Working...
                              X