Covered wagon parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covered wagon parts?

I’m a knife guy, and I am building a knife out of some wrought iron wagon wheel rim laminated over 1084 blade steel. I also plan on wagon wheel for the guard. I was thinking it would be cool to use some wood off an original covered wagon from the frontier days. Anybody got anything like that stashed in a barn somewhere? Need solid wood, minimum size 1x2x5 or so. If there was a substantial amount, with a good origin story, I’d consider trading a knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or other stuff with history. I have a need for the wagon for a specific project, but I’m always looking for other things as well.

Comment

Good luck! I've got a friend that collects old rebuilt refurbished or pile of junk wagons, them folks consider that stuff sacred, it's considered an insult to let any parts get away for any reason! They'll take one old wooden spoke and rebuild a whole wagon around it!

Comment

It is sacred indeed. Hate to see them go to waste. I like keeping the history alive by incorporating history into my work.

Comment

Log cabin bits, cannon carriages, farm implements from notable people, anything with a story.

No issue paying or trading.

Comment

Working...
          X