Cheap Free Range Axis Hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Free Range Axis Hunt?

Does anyone know of a good outfitter on a free range Axis hunt who can accommodate a budget of $1,000? Trying to plan one for next year.

Check out the Baker 3 Ranch. It's truly free range and you'll come in under budget.

Comment

Awesome, thanks

Comment

I got this one at Baker 3. It took 4 years of 2.5 + days hunting each year. Usually, only 20% of our group shoots something and many people end up missing. It's not an easy hunt but if you like to really hunt hard this is it. 22,000 acres low fenced. Well, 9,000 is high fenced but I always hunt in the other area because the 9,000 acres doesn't have as much game in my opinion.
        Attached Files

Comment

Also, good luck! Please let us know where you end up hunting.

Comment

Aggie, thats a real nice Axis. Congrats!
            I too would like to hunt the Baker 3.

Comment

Thanks Aggie, I've looked at Baker 3 and made my mind up that I'm gonna do either the spring or summer bow hunt next year. I appreciate the info on the ranch. Great Axis by the way.

Comment

I've been bow hunting free range axis on our land for 6 years now. Only had them in range maybe 10 times, and only a decent buck once. Never flung an arrow at one. It's a hell of a challenge. Thats why I keep doing it!
                Easier done with a rifle I guess is my point. Either way, good luck getting you one

Comment

Thanks Seacoal. It's one of my dream animals.

Comment

Nice buck congrats

Comment

Great lookin animal. Terrific backstraps.

Comment

Originally posted by BUbowhntr View Post
                        Thanks Aggie, I've looked at Baker 3 and made my mind up that I'm gonna do either the spring or summer bow hunt next year. I appreciate the info on the ranch. Great Axis by the way.
                        Do not over look the high-fence Taylor Ranch 9,000 acre pasture. I have had some GREAT axis bucks within bow range on there. I decided to pass them for one reason or another. I have killed several axis does and turkeys on the high fence. Killed an axis buck, whitetail on low fence.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          Do not over look the high-fence Taylor Ranch 9,000 acre pasture. I have had some GREAT axis bucks within bow range on there. I decided to pass them for one reason or another. I have killed several axis does and turkeys on the high fence. Killed an axis buck, whitetail on low fence.
                          That's good to hear and congrats

Comment

How much is it?

Comment

I about spit my coffee on the screen thinking someone was expecting a chance at a legit free range axis buck for 1,000$ but then saw this thread was 8 years old lol

Comment

Working...
                              X