Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yeah! Congrats to the young man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
        Success in compartment 5 today for my son

How close did y’all setup to the River. There are a ton of them along the River.

Comment

Congratulations to your kiddo!!! Awesome job.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            How close did y’all setup to the River. There are a ton of them along the River.

Chad, we were in the very north part of 5. The property line on OnX is off by about 75 yards so we were not as close to the property line as this picture shows. Grass is pretty tall (knee high) and thick in a lot of the park this year and I think the deer would struggle to find corn as quick in those areas as in shorter grass. We had pretty easy setup in this spot as I could drive my truck right to it to drop off feed, blind, etc. We set up the blind (blue blind) where we could shoot a little over 100 yards down a road where the grass was beat down.

I’ll email you the OnX waypoint this week so you have it for any future hunts.

Comment

Dropping him off for a Euro mount this week. And thank you all the congratulations…..we had a great weekend and glad he was able to get a buck.

Last edited by Rounder; 11-07-2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I’m glad he got one as well! Did y’all see many deer?

Comment

I’m glad he got one as well! Did y’all see many deer?

This buck was the only deer we saw while in the blind.

Comment

This buck was the only deer we saw while in the blind.
                    Sounds like y'all had a very similar hunt to H and I last year. It only takes one.

Comment

Sounds like y'all had a very similar hunt to H and I last year. It only takes one.
                      Doesn't sound like the same place it used to be, I noticed the success rate in the draw stats has been going down last few years, used to always be 90-100% Anyone have any insight they have a die off or something in the area? We always used to put in there for GDE but switched to other places, still always put the kids in though but we've never drawn a deer permit there.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        Doesn't sound like the same place it used to be, I noticed the success rate in the draw stats has been going down last few years, used to always be 90-100% Anyone have any insight they have a die off or something in the area? We always used to put in there for GDE but switched to other places, still always put the kids in though but we've never drawn a deer permit there.
                        No idea, there are a ton of deer in the area and we saw a ton driving in and out. Hagen's tag was inked No. 64 last year and that was the week of Christmas. I also know they had taken around 15 deer in when we took Hagen's deer in to get "checked in" with 25 kids hunting that week. It's a cool hunt, if you ever get drawn. You'll enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          We saw plenty of deer driving around as well just not many when we were in the blind. But my son shot that buck at 3:30 and we gave it some time and went tracked it, found it, took pictures, drug it back to the truck in our sled and field dressed it so our area had quite a bit of activity in it during what should be prime time and we had only been in the blind 30 minutes prior to shooting.

Sunday morning a loose cow from the neighboring property spent most of the morning in our feed so not sure how much that affected the deer if any.

It is a beautiful park and a fun hunt and my sons will more than likely put in for it every year until they age out of being youth.

Comment

Colorado bend so- youth hunt either sex

We saw plenty of deer driving around as well just not many when we were in the blind. But my son shot that buck at 3:30 and we gave it some time and went tracked it, found it, took pictures, drug it back to the truck in our sled and field dressed it so our area had quite a bit of activity in it during what should be prime time and we had only been in the blind 30 minutes prior to shooting.

Sunday morning a loose cow from the neighboring property spent most of the morning in our feed so not sure how much that affected the deer if any.

It is a beautiful park and a fun hunt and my sons will more than likely put in for it every year until they age out of being youth.

We might need to discuss pairing them up in the draw next year. Hagen is 10 and I’d love to see H get drawn for the Bend again.

Last edited by Chad C; 11-08-2021, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Grats to your son Rounder!! Heck of a nice buck-is this his first?
                              I took my daughter Izzy out a few weeks ago-in the same ground blinds, chairs, bipods etc we will be using in colorado bend to make sure we got it all worked out. I even pulled the cargo trailer to my brothers place in the hillcountry. She arrowed(cross bow) her first doe at 30 yrds! While she blood trailed it, she was laughing and crying at the same time. Lol. The monkey is off her back. She can't wait to get to colorado bend!!.... Bucks beware!

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
                                Grats to your son Rounder!! Heck of a nice buck-is this his first?
                                I took my daughter Izzy out a few weeks ago-in the same ground blinds, chairs, bipods etc we will be using in colorado bend to make sure we got it all worked out. I even pulled the cargo trailer to my brothers place in the hillcountry. She arrowed(cross bow) her first doe at 30 yrds! While she blood trailed it, she was laughing and crying at the same time. Lol. The monkey is off her back. She can't wait to get to colorado bend!!.... Bucks beware!
                                Heck yeah! Congrats to her! I hope she gets a bruiser at the Bend!

Comment

Working...
                                X