Laguna Atascosa 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa 2021

This is a little early and my first time attempting to upload a picture, so here goes nothing, but I though everyone might like to see Unit 2 right off the main road before the bridge as of last night. It looks like an ocean from all of the rain we have received this week. Unit 5, didn’t take a picture of it, heading out of the Arroyo this morning is the greenest I’ve ever seen it.
    Attached Files

Holy NILGAI SCAT! That's a ridiculous amount of water![emoji44] Glad there's been precipitation down there though and for greenery.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW!!!! Might need to pack a Kayak if I get drawn!

Comment

They are opening up a new hunt mid summer! fly swatter only mosquitos are carrying tics now!

Comment

Wow, I guess all my hunting spots are probably underwater

Comment

I live about 20 mins away. We have gotten 250% of the yearly total already this summer. 11 inches just in July.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally took the plunge and applied for archery along with a couple buddies, figured I'd better jump in the thread and follow along in case we get lucky and draw.

Originally posted by Lurchy View Post
              I live about 20 mins away. We have gotten 250% of the yearly total already this summer. 11 inches just in July.

I bet the skeeters are wonderful.

Comment

They have been bad for the past month, but are starting to get a bit better now that the rain has stopped dumping everyday. Gona be bad this fall without a good cold spell. If you get drawn I'd definitely get a thermacell

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  Finally took the plunge and applied for archery along with a couple buddies, figured I'd better jump in the thread and follow along in case we get lucky and draw.

I bet the skeeters are wonderful.
                  They are still pretty rough. I was fishing super close to horse island on Friday and Saturday (Unit 5) and though I was wading about 100 yards off the bank they found me and extracted their fair share of blood. Redfish were thick so I didn't mind as much.
                  What's going to be tough is how high the grass is. You're going to need to get off the ground. Tripod guys are going to do well.

Comment

Pretty timely for antler development. May be some decent bucks taken this year. (For that area at least)

Comment

Isn’t today the day for archery draw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
                        Isn’t today the day for archery draw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        General archery - yes - refuge archery is September 1 I believe.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                          Holy NILGAI SCAT! That's a ridiculous amount of water![emoji44] Glad there's been precipitation down there though and for greenery.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                          And about to get worse….more water coming in possibly with Grace this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
                            And about to get worse….more water coming in possibly with Grace this weekend.
                            I drove by it on Sunday coming back from the Shallow Sport Tournament on SPI. The water on Unit 2 has gone from the ocean, originally pictured, to a nasty mud flat. If we get the north end of this thing or a direct hit, it will be an ocean again.

Comment

New to Texas but I put in fir nilgi

Comment

Working...
                              X