Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hernia surgery - how long before you pull back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hernia surgery - how long before you pull back?

Just had umbilical surgery today. Anyone else have it done? How long did you wait before hitting the range again?

2 weeks in the sharp pain went away. 4 weeks in I felt 95%. 6 weeks in everything was back to normal. I’d think you’ll want to wait a minimum 2 weeks...and I’m sure your doctor will say 4. I wasn’t allowed to pick up anything over 10lbs for 4 weeks.

Comment

At least a month for me

Comment

Originally posted by Nplattii View Post
        2 weeks in the sharp pain went away. 4 weeks in I felt 95%. 6 weeks in everything was back to normal. I’d think you’ll want to wait a minimum 2 weeks...and I’m sure your doctor will say 4. I wasn’t allowed to pick up anything over 10lbs for 4 weeks.
        This to a tee. I went to work in the office 2 days after but was still in pain. Was out in the field week 2 moving slow. Dr told me not to lift anything over 10lbs for 4 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

First week is the worst. Try not to cough or poop for the first week, squeezing your abs is no bueno. Second week is a little better. Like others have said, Start to feel real progress during week three and by week 6 you are back 100% good to go.

Comment

I have had one on each side, no fun! "Try not to cough or poop for the first week"

Comment

I had umbilical repair (no mesh) and about 6 months later I tore it again starting a lawn mower.

Comment

1 week I was back up and running officially. 2 days after I was doing light duty stuff, like walking dogs. One thing, when I get dehydrated, I can still feel the scar tissue from where they went in, and where the mesh is. Never hurts, just sort of aches. It's a good barometer now for when I need to drink water.

Comment

Same here...best to play it safe.

Boy that first AM getting out of bed reminded me I still have abs somewhere hiding under this belly!! Ouch!!

Comment

Same for me..

Comment

I was back to work after 2 wks, but do take it easy !

Comment

I had it done in August of 2013 was shooting my bow again by mid September .

Comment

took me one week. I have had facial reconstructive surgery, L4 L5 repair with significant bone shaving and that little 1 inch belly button cut was the absolute worse. I was solid after that 7 days

Comment

Working...
                          X