No announcement yet.

Fishing etiquette....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wait til you get out on the water and a high school tournament is going on or they're prefishing....ZERO regard for others in the multiple experiences i've had. To make it worse, there's usually an adult on the boat leading the way.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
      They really dont like it when they come flying in to pot lick you only to find out the birds that you are fishing are eating cheetos and your standing on your lure acting like you're fighting fish..
      that's hilarious!

Comment

My last trip to the lake, mind you there is only 5 boats on the lake since its up high, we were catching hybrids and some yahoo in a kayak comes by at like 5'. I say *** are you doing? He says Im following my gps. I say get some manners! He laughs so I continue fishing and make cast his way. He cries and says Im calling the police. I say call them Im just fishing. If you get a hook in the face maybe you are too close. Never did see him come by again lol.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Fritos works wonders. Plenty of oil to induce slicks, and will get the seagulls working. They are a staple of my October fishing.
          This is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
            There is an idiot on Baffin that runs a Red boat that has rolled between two of us wade fishing not 25 yards apart twice. He had 3 guys with him the first time and 4 the second. Just burning shorelines not giving a crap. I’ve got a pocket full of weights waiting for him. He always runs towards the mouth so I’m thinking it’s a corpus guy.

Does he have a t top? I think that’s a guy that’s come right in on me before too

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              Does he have a t top? I think that’s a guy that’s come right in on me before too

Yep he had a t top. I’ll be looking for him this weekend

Comment

If it’s the same guy I’m thinking of he’s done it to be 2-3 times. He did it once during the week in rocky slough. Not another boat for miles and that idiot pulled in a hundred feet away or so.

Comment

I was fishing a reef a few years ago near the ship channel out of Sabine, and we were catching the trout pretty good on topwater. An old beat up Kenner came cruising by headed to the jetties i'm assuming and they noticed we were doubled up at the time. We literally heard one of them yell to the other one, "Look they found them, lets go over there". Well they obviously had no idea where they were because it is very shallow, and you have to navigate through the ditches in this spot. They scraped up their prop, and beat up that boat getting to us. They got about 25 yards from us, and we were just in disbelief watching what their plan was. They threw out anchor, pulled out their surf rods, hooked up dead shrimp and squid, and threw it right at my boat. It was a great evening hammering the trout and hearing them talk back and forth trying to figure out why they weren't catching anything. We caught a 3 man and headed out once the bite slowed. As soon as we pulled up the power pole they started pulling up their anchor to get in our spot. It was an outgoing tide as well, so I know they tore that boat up trying to get out of there.

That is just my favorite story because they tried their hardest to potlick, but just watched us kill them. I have plenty other stories from east bay and the north jetty area that didn't go so smoothly. Also have plenty of stories getting heated while chasing birds. Nothing chaps my chickens more than when someone ruins a good thing on a group of birds! Especially when there are 2-3 boats successfully working a group of birds together, then some jackwagon pulls right on in and ruins it for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                    If it’s the same guy I’m thinking of he’s done it to be 2-3 times. He did it once during the week in rocky slough. Not another boat for miles and that idiot pulled in a hundred feet away or so.

He got me inside tide gauge once and another time off the sandbar by marker 12 on south shoreline

Comment

You guys should fish Port O'Connor, I know it's been bad for a while, but it just gets worse and worse. People there just dont care, they'll run you over, at the boat ramp and out on the water, burn shorelines where you're fishing, come in and fish right on top of you, run right where your fishing...the list goes on and on. What gets me too is when I'm coming in from a back lake, and some idiot is anchored in the channel I have to run through to get out, just soaking some bait. Cuss me all you want, but I'm running by you to get out...not my fault you decided to fish a boat lane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

It seems that a lot of people that fish saltwater have no manners. I'm an old bass tournament fisherman and that kind of stuff wouldn't be tolerated.
                        I fish Rockport and the Aransas Pass area and people are fairly respectful in that area.

Comment

After reading this thread, this all sounds like another good reason to stay out of the sun and not fish the summer.

I'll just wait till fall to drag the boat back out. Cause everybody'll be hunt-n deer.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            I got to my spot the other day an there was another guy near me. He got in his boat and did about 3 big circles around me. What a jerk. J/K lol
                            Lmao! bet you didn't catch a fish in that old Boatright...

Comment

You guys need some training on how to fish around other people!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hunting270 View Post
                                It seems that a lot of people that fish saltwater have no manners. I'm an old bass tournament fisherman and that kind of stuff wouldn't be tolerated.
                                I fish Rockport and the Aransas Pass area and people are fairly respectful in that area.

How long has it been since you bass fished?? I'm not gonna say they're the worst cause it seems most people don't give a crap anymore and since they can't find fish on their own they just run you over and mark you. I usually just ask them if they got it when they come by! I hardly fish Palestine on the weekends anymore. People just looking for crappie rigs fishing somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X