No announcement yet.

Caught a poacher first weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful, the outlaw locals don't get over things very quickly.

Comment

that sucks bad.

Comment

One other thing is - we have the county sheriff's number and game warden's number programed in our phone. Everyone has instructions to call them first before they call me.

Comment

It seems that the poacher came out of the national forest land and sat down at the fence line with his gun and was looking (facing) into the gentleman's property. The poacher was on the other side of the fence BUT was watching into his property. To me, that's ILLEGAL!

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
            Yes one down and thousands to go
            Originally posted by Duckman10 View Post
            Awesome great work need more people like yourself doing the right thing! One thing that's gets me fired it up is taking game without a license probably doesn't even pay taxes either!
            He's not down. He won't pay the fines. He will be poaching again when ever he feels like it.

Comment

Which national forest was this?

Comment

Sounds like you handled it right and I bet he won't be back

Comment

Hate you had to deal with that. Hopefully they won't be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One for the good guys. Atta boy.

Comment

Originally posted by TICK MAGNET View Post
                      This is our first year to hunt our new ranch, and on weekend #1 I had my first encounter with a dang poacher! I was sitting in the tree 50 yards from the fence line which boarders national forest, and just after daylight I see a hunter walk up to the fence and sit down with a dang rifle! He sat right in front of me hunting the area I was sitting over. I was so freakin mad I could spit fire. I started texting the neighbor trying to get the number for the game warden, and after about 20 minutes he finally spotted me in the tree. As soon as he saw me I yelled at him, and he stood up and walked into the woods. I called my wife and told her to meet me at the road with my gun and my truck, and then climbed down and walked out. By the time I reached the road I had reached the local game warden and he was in route. My neighbor met me at the national forest parking area and we sat and waited for the hunter to exit. When he walked out he was carrying a crossbow and my wife said "I thought you said he had a rifle!". I said he did! I looked at it for 20 minutes! He started getting in his truck and I told his sorry you know what to just wait around because the game warden was on his way. He said yeah ok and drove away. Long story short, he was pulled over down the road and brought back by the warden. We found out he had a buddy in the woods with him. They swapped weapons so he could walk out with a crossbow, and he was going to meet down the road and pick the buddy up with his gun. The buddy walked out on the neighbors driveway and got all ****** when he found out his buddy had left him. Anyways, we never found the rifle but he got a slew of tickets. Hunting without a license, no hunter orange, no ID and no insurance. This guy lied his rear off to the game warden. Told him he didn't have a cell phone (but his wife showed up 30 mins later somehow!), said he wasn't hunting but was scouting, said he had a weapon in case he saw hogs, said he had never been there before..blah blah blah! I wanted to punch him in his lying face!
                      Well, it wasn't all bad! I got to meet the game warden and gave him a tour of the property. He asked if they could have their next warden meeting at our place in a few weeks too! Will be a great opportunity to meet and get to know them all!
                      Been there. Too close to society it just too close. Move on.....

Comment

Working...
                      X