No announcement yet.

Caught a poacher first weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little confusing for me also but I get the premise.

Comment

We took over a new lease last year in the early spring. So happens it borders my farm. We knew there were a bunch of poachers hitting it, but every time we called the previous lease, they would tell us it was their cousin, in-law, etc. (The landowner figured it out and kicked them off. Then contacted us.)

So, in the summer, we painted fence posts, trees, ect all of the way around the property with purple paint. Within days everyone in the area was wondering who the "new people" were. They asked us and we replied that we were not aware of any newcomers to the area.

No one came on that property. Everyone was scared they would get caught. And prosecuted. And they would be. We've seen more bucks and does this year than in 15 years. It's been great!

Comment

Glad he is going to get what he deserves.

Comment

Thats good for him

Comment

well done!

Comment

You handled that well. Good luck this fall.

Comment

Nice! Pretty cool they want to have their meeting at your place! I'd welcome them into mine! Always good to be friends with your local warden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you ask what his screen name was?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    We took over a new lease last year in the early spring. So happens it borders my farm. We knew there were a bunch of poachers hitting it, but every time we called the previous lease, they would tell us it was their cousin, in-law, etc. (The landowner figured it out and kicked them off. Then contacted us.)

So, in the summer, we painted fence posts, trees, ect all of the way around the property with purple paint. Within days everyone in the area was wondering who the "new people" were. They asked us and we replied that we were not aware of any newcomers to the area.

No one came on that property. Everyone was scared they would get caught. And prosecuted. And they would be. We've seen more bucks and does this year than in 15 years. It's been great!

More than likely, the people who were askin were the ones who were blastin haha. Glad y'all got it cleaned up

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Dang scum of the earth!

Love me some East Texas hunting..

Lmao. Sounds like a wiener roast at this fellas place for all the wardens!

Good catch!

Skinny

Comment

and that's why I stay away from East Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                          Did you ask what his screen name was?

That's funny!

Comment

So why did he come out with a crossbow and send his buddy thru the woods to meet him? And Oh yea, where did the rifle disappear too? No lic. No orange, I'm sure it was all just a misunderstanding and there is no way he would have shot across the fence at a ten point buck...SMH

I see the point you are trying to make but it is a stretch IMO

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Can I play devils advocate...
                            If he's on the national forest side with a rifle.....he can look at your property all day while waiting for a hog to show up on the forest side. Its until he fires a round across that he had actually done anything wrong right?
                            So if he was legal (orange and licence) he could of got you for harassment?

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                              So why did he come out with a crossbow and send his buddy thru the woods to meet him? And Oh yea, where did the rifle disappear too? No lic. No orange, I'm sure it was all just a misunderstanding and there is no way he would have shot across the fence at a ten point buck...SMH

We were parked behind him, waiting for him to come out, so they swapped weapons and the buddy was running out of the woods further down the road. My neighbor ended up talking to him. He said the guy came out on his driveway in camo and no weapon and was asking if he had seen a green truck. Neighbor told him he left and they guy got ****** and started cussing.
                              The hunter walked up to the fence with a chair and sat down with his back to the forest and sat his rifle in his lap. He was facing right towards me and would have shot right past/under me if a deer would have come by. Any of you would have been furious! He was totally hunting my property.

Comment

Originally posted by TICK MAGNET View Post
                                We were parked behind him, waiting for him to come out, so they swapped weapons and the buddy was running out of the woods further down the road. My neighbor ended up talking to him. He said the guy came out on his driveway in camo and no weapon and was asking if he had seen a green truck. Neighbor told him he left and they guy got ****** and started cussing.
                                The hunter walked up to the fence with a chair and sat down with his back to the forest and sat his rifle in his lap. He was facing right towards me and would have shot right past/under me if a deer would have come by. Any of you would have been furious! He was totally hunting my property.
                                My point exactly..
                                Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X