No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look forward to reading this thread every time it pops up, its about the only one i can never pass up! Thank you for sharing yall's story on your ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Dozer View Post
      I look forward to reading this thread every time it pops up, its about the only one i can never pass up! Thank you for sharing yall's story on your ranch.
      Thanks for the kind words! We will be out there again this weekend to try to shoot a couple more deer and plant some more trees. Will post some updates after this weekend.

Comment

Liking you updating more often .

Comment

We planted 10 trees this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot the crappy 8pt this morning. We have pictures of him over the past 3years and he has had the same set of antlers. I think he was post mature. His knees were all worn down

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Looking good! hopefully y’all got a little of that rain/sleet that passed through this evening. Wasn’t much, but better than nothing.

Comment

A little rain/sleet came through last night but nothing measurable. it did make the dust settle.

Comment

Update - 12/10/2020

I will be planting another 6 trees next weekend on the other side of the ranch so we will see how they do. I purchased a 275-gallon IBC tote that we are going to use to help water the trees. The trees don't really need much water right now but we will need it come summer time. We will use this to fill the 7 five gallon buckets and eight 15-gallon ooze tree tubes as well as help water the other trees. I'm going to purchase another IBC tote and build a wildlife water trough. We will use one tote for now and then possibly look at adding another tote later on.

This tote had mineral oil in it so it was very easy to clean out:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IBC Tote (1) (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	24638849

Name:	IBC Tote (2) (Large).jpg
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	24638850

We still have 2 buck tags and 5 doe tags left, here are the bucks we are after:

Name:	8pt Cull Buck (Large).jpg
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	24638851

Name:	8pt (Large).jpg
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	24638852

Comment

2 more great culls to shoot!

Comment

Awesome, keep up the good work.

Comment

How old are those two?
                          Congrats on getting 10 trees in the ground.

Get some rain today?
                          .2” here in brown county

BP

Comment

I think we got 0.2in, according to FarmLogs. The first one is a 4yr old and the second one is a 5/6yr old. Probably just going to shoot the older one and let the other 8pt go for one more year.

Comment

Has anyone spray painted these IBC totes? I was looking at Krylon Fusion spray paint but after researching there are a lot of people that say the paint can leach through the plastic and to not paint them. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Just want to make sure the one we use for a trough doesn’t get algae inside.

Comment

I saw these on Amazon for $39. Not sure how long they will last.

Comment

Working...
                                X