• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martes busted for Peds again and suspended 162 games. What a dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
      TJ, suspended once already for PEDs, now he’s suspended a whole season...I think it’s safe to assume his career is over. What a waste of talent

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
        Wow. Dumbass is right. ARod must be his idol.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
          but do we know they couldn't prove it? They gave the players immunity to tell what went on. I have my doubts that the whole report was made public. If that lawsuit from that one pitcher goes through, then everything will be out in the open. But i'm sure there will be a settlement to keep that from happening.

and yall keep throwing the home and away records out there as a defense when it's been let know that the code breakers traveled with the team. And their postseason home and away splits are huge.

sent from my sm-n960u using tapatalk
          I found some articles that talked about the "Codebreaker" plan being used on the road, so my bad on that one. I thought I had me a good meme (). In all seriousness though, I'm not seeing where the postseason home vs. away record/stats come into play, if the point is that the sign stealing made a positive difference in record/stats. It seems contradictory to say, "Their regular season record/stats show how the sign stealing made a positive difference" (regular season home vs. away record was only a five game difference), but then at the same time say, "Their postseason record/stats show how the sign stealing made a positive difference" (but the stats/record went the opposite way). Unless that's not your point...

At least for me, the ***** of it all is that they were a really good team that "probably" didn't need to cheat in order to be successful. They got caught, and now have to deal with the BS that comes with it. With that being said, I really don't understand why some people have gotten so freaked out over this. I'm not defending what they did, but let's be realistic. A team used a camera, monitor, & trashcan to relay signs to the hitter at the plate. Some people are acting like the team murdered innocent people on the field or something. "Oh, this is just as bad (if not worse) as the 1919 White Sox scandal." Like, really? What the Astros did isn't even in the same realm as that. Cheating to become better vs. intentionally losing? Come on, now...

Comment

Bring on the Bean ball....it will go both ways...Dusty is old school and he wont stand for it.....
            We have some guys that can throw pretty **** hard.....

Its gonna be brutal on the road for them this year.....

Best thing they can do is just kick everyone's *** and win 100+ again....

Comment

Girardi giving a little insight into how their sign stealing went.

*not denying the Astros did worse with theirs, just thought this was interesting.

Bobby Thomson, who passed away yesterday, held an unusual place in baseball. Not a Hall of Famer, not even a superstar, he was nonetheless legendary, with his Shot Heard ’Round the World augmenting…

Another cool article if you are into baseball history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post

At least for me, the ***** of it all is that they were a really good team that "probably" didn't need to cheat in order to be successful.
                This is what I kept thinking when this was coming out. I wouldn't have thought the clubhouse would have let it get to where it did...but that was a very young clubhouse after the rebuild.

Hinch failed them in that regard.

Comment

2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

According to Strom it’s looking like

1.) Verlander
                  2.) Greinke
                  3.) LMJ
                  4.) Urquidy
                  5.) Competition between Pruitt and Josh James

I wonder since LMJ is on a pretty strict inning count if we use him as an opener in the beginning of the year as he ramps up. Now that Click has joined the organization I’m wondering if and when we see this.

Whitley to start at RR likely til they must have him or mid season call up. Cristian Javier gaining tons of steam to make the squad at some point too. He went through all 3 levels last year, excelling at each.

Whitley reported to camp 40#’slighter
                  Bregman 25#’s lighter than last year

Last edited by Tshelly; 02-19-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

2020 World Series champs! I know the perfect spot for that banner !

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      This is what I kept thinking when this was coming out. I wouldn't have thought the clubhouse would have let it get to where it did...but that was a very young clubhouse after the rebuild.

Hinch failed them in that regard.
                      Hinch did fail them by not stopping it. But, the two guys they looked to for leadership were Cora and Beltran. Those two guys promoted this and the young(ish) guys took to it. I cant believe Cora and Beltran are basically getting a pass in all of this. Yes they lost their jobs but they are barely mentioned at all while the current players are getting scorched. Hell it's a lovefest in Minnesota with Marwin. Im anxiously waiting for the diluted Boston didnt cheat much in 2018 report tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                        Bregman 25#’s lighter than last year

**** that was a big azz buzzer

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Hinch did fail them by not stopping it. But, the two guys they looked to for leadership were Cora and Beltran. Those two guys promoted this and the young(ish) guys took to it. I cant believe Cora and Beltran are basically getting a pass in all of this. Yes they lost their jobs but they are barely mentioned at all while the current players are getting scorched. Hell it's a lovefest in Minnesota with Marwin. Im anxiously waiting for the diluted Boston didnt cheat much in 2018 report tomorrow.
                          I will agree with you on all of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            **** that was a big azz buzzer
                            I actually laughed out loud!

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Comment

Thats twice in one day I actually laughed out loud at a meme! Credit for idea...execution lacked a little..kinda like.....nevermind.

Well played..

Comment

Working...
                                X