No announcement yet.

Scent lok Radial 400 ozone generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine in last night and charged it. On "turbo" does your's have a whistle/static noise?

Comment

ok, this may be stupid to ask but....

...I just got my 400b in and I have zero paperwork on how to use the different modes. Anyone care to give me a rundown on how to cycle through the modes?

Thanks!

Comment

I have instructions I can take pics in muring but if you you tune it there is iinfi there as well on modes

As for the noise mine is louder but no whistle

Comment

Originally posted by NatureBoy View Post
          ok, this may be stupid to ask but....

...I just got my 400b in and I have zero paperwork on how to use the different modes. Anyone care to give me a rundown on how to cycle through the modes?

Thanks!
          Skip to the 6:00 mark for instructions.

My Opinion and Review of the New Radial 400B from OZ Products and ScentLok.I am not a Sponsored Representative of ScentLok. I am simply an average hunter tha...

Comment

So a new update .

My RV is a toyhauler with a 10 foot garage . So I hung up my hunting clothes in the back and open the the small side vent and we have a small fan as well So I set the fan up on the other side of the window .

I let it run for about 30 minutes . amazing the clothes had zero smell .

So then I took a tee shirt and sprayed it with some of the GF perfume.. Just a test mind you 30 mins later almost no smell 1 hour completely gone .

Its really working in that sense . I have a small bow holder arm that I can rig up with a simple clamp from a ebay go pro kit that will allow me to put it at any window and angle move it in or out to where I need .

Comment

I plan on trying one of these units. Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

So new update .

I have been letting it run in my shop to moniter the battery life . Constant runing on normal mode

8 hours 4 min
                8 hours 5 min
                7 hours 58 min
                8 hours 6 min

Not sure why it was a few min off on the 3rd test . I allow it to fully charge and then re start the test .

i have to say my shop lost the oil smell for those days . bay doors open but still odd how it can effect such a large area .

I had this item from a ebay mounting kit for a old go pro . The clamp works great , I can clamp this to just about anything and hang the unit off the lanyard .

s-l500 by GMR Performance, on Flickr

Comment

So more updates . Sat eving hunt was hot in the 82 range No wind to speak of . I had used the unit for my cloths after morning hunt , I hung it out the window when i got back in the blind I had the window on the redneck wide open to cool down some .

had 5 does two fawns out in front at one point two does at 1-2 yards in front of me , I almost could not see them ( stand is on 5 foot riser) the wind started to pick up and was ALL wrong , I thought for sure I would get busted .

Nothing they never had any idea I was there .

Also while sitting idle in the blind I had an idea to help with the radial part if no wind to make sure the OZ did not get back into blind .

I took a Gator Aid bottle and cut off about 1/3 it slides over the unit perfect. Then I made a slice on the bottom of the bottle that looks like a smile .. I lifted that section so now its directional and I can direct the flow if needed .

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                    So more updates . Sat eving hunt was hot in the 82 range No wind to speak of . I had used the unit for my cloths after morning hunt , I hung it out the window when i got back in the blind I had the window on the redneck wide open to cool down some .

had 5 does two fawns out in front at one point two does at 1-2 yards in front of me , I almost could not see them ( stand is on 5 foot riser) the wind started to pick up and was ALL wrong , I thought for sure I would get busted .

Nothing they never had any idea I was there .

Also while sitting idle in the blind I had an idea to help with the radial part if no wind to make sure the OZ did not get back into blind .

I took a Gator Aid bottle and cut off about 1/3 it slides over the unit perfect. Then I made a slice on the bottom of the bottle that looks like a smile .. I lifted that section so now its directional and I can direct the flow if needed .
                    That sounds like a good mod to the unit, force the ozone out at a specific point.

I’m sold on the benefits of using Ozone, either in the stand or in a container to treat your clothes.

Comment

Great info fellas... Am going to look into one of the units; if nothing else to get the funky smell out of the clothes...

For those running them in plastic containers, do the machines produce a residue??

I used to work on copy machines and most had a hiigh voltage system. There was a channel that contained & isolated a thin wire running high voltage to produce an opposite charge and therefore an attraction to toner particles.

This system as I was told would produce ozone as a byproduct of the high voltage. During maintenance you could smell and see residue all over the channel containing the charge wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        Great info fellas... Am going to look into one of the units; if nothing else to get the funky smell out of the clothes...

For those running them in plastic containers, do the machines produce a residue??

I used to work on copy machines and most had a hiigh voltage system. There was a channel that contained & isolated a thin wire running high voltage to produce an opposite charge and therefore an attraction to toner particles.

This system as I was told would produce ozone as a byproduct of the high voltage. During maintenance you could smell and see residue all over the channel containing the charge wire.
                        In my research I have seen people talk about cleaning the coil that produces ozone so I would say it produces some kind of residue

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post

These are coils for an ozone generator, the one on the right is the old one, you can see a residue/oxide has formed on the coil, which made it ineffective and not producing ozone. This appears more like corrosion to me, and could probably easily be cleaned off, but I had new ones so I just replaced it. This unit sat unused for almost two years, when I put it up it was working perfectly.

If you’re asking does it leave a residue on the clothes, no, I have seen no residue at all.

Comment

So I found/ bought a cheap garment bag ( 12 dollars) It had two sections of plastic that folds up and down on top and bottom to make it more rectangle in shape. I can hang two sets of hunting cloths in side it gloves hats as well and I Put the OZ in the bottom where there was a small flap sliced a V shape hole in top and let it go .. IT works very well better than the tote .

Just thought I would post on on my latest messing around with the Scent loc

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                              So I found/ bought a cheap garment bag ( 12 dollars) It had two sections of plastic that folds up and down on top and bottom to make it more rectangle in shape. I can hang two sets of hunting cloths in side it gloves hats as well and I Put the OZ in the bottom where there was a small flap sliced a V shape hole in top and let it go .. IT works very well better than the tote .

Just thought I would post on on my latest messing around with the Scent loc
                              You have a link or pics of this garment bag?

Is it something like the one Ozonics sells?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                You have a link or pics of this garment bag?

Is it something like the one Ozonics sells?

not sure what they sell never seen it . This is a cheap bag kinda looks like this but made of a fake canvas in side it has a plastic arms that push up on top and down on t he bottom to make it stay in a rectangle shape . I cannot find a band name on it ( like I said cheap ) but it allows me to hang several items inside and run the little OZ machine . Works better than the plastic tote I feel as it moving around all of the items inside

Comment

Working...
                                X