Lt Governor? who and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    $50k a year for someone with a college education is not bloated in my opinion. $24 an hour.
    This^^^^

More than one teacher has quit and gone to work in the refinery I work at. Less headache and a lot more beneficial on the financial end. There are people at our facility with associate degrees making $150,000.00 plus.
    There are some tradeoffs. But, I do not blame them one bit for leaving the education field. Anyone that thinks politicians give a **** about anything except themselves or special interest groups had better wake up. I don't care what party you align yourself with. Do you see any politicians taking cuts in pay or giving up benefits? They certainly do not mind jacking with yours

Pathetic that some people think no one deserves decent wages, benefits, or a living wage after retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
      High insurance premiums are not just a public sector problem.
      Teachers pay is not bloated by any means but there's not a district in Texas that starts at state minimum. My mom is a retired teacher here in Texas and did quite well and her retirement isn't bad either. I need to ask her what she thinks about Patrick.
      Again, do your dang research before you spout off with that throw up out of your mouth? There are many schools that start at state minimum. MANY. Look it up! When did your mom retire? She probably falls under the "rule of 80". Do you know what that is? Most of us fall under the rule of 85 and the newest teachers, I believe, fall under the rule of 90 for certain benefits. Do you actually know what her retirement is? Do you know the numbers or are you spouting off some more?

Comment

I can rag about Military retirement and VA Benefits but it's not a State issue. Doesn't really matter what party is in Power, it's a messed up situation.

At least here recently, I've seen corrective traction.

I know one thing, the entitlements I thought I earned have been and always will be at the hands of those in political office.

Big Blue ball continues to spin!

401k - that's the better plan IMO.

Comment

High insurance premiums are not just a public sector problem.
          Teachers pay is not bloated by any means but there's not a district in Texas that starts at state minimum. My mom is a retired teacher here in Texas and did quite well and her retirement isn't bad either. I need to ask her what she thinks about Patrick.
          Please ask her about patrick and how her retirement income has been affected that past couple of years and get back to us. I'm always curious about this.

Comment

There's just no way I can support Mike Collier's plans for income equality, affordable health care and higher education. Somebody has to pay for that. He has a wealth distribution undertone that aint right not to mention he favors stricter gun laws.
            The libertarian Kerry McKennon is a nut job IMO.
            I dont care for Patrick but what the heck do you do? Dont vote for Lt. Gov? Like others said...the primaries are the place to change your parties candidate not the general election.
            And all the sheeple who think your guns are going to get taken away by a Democrat or their gun rights are going to be infringed upon, please give me a break. If you really think someone is going to come in and make a law for you to give up your guns or not be able to purchase them, then I dont know what else to tell you. You already have your tinfoil hat on. Hell, the last democratic PRESIDENT didnt take your guns. Hillary didnt take your guns. Pelosi is not going to take your guns. Reid is not going to take your guns. McCarthy, Scalise, and Hoyer are not going to take your guns. They all try, but that will never happen. So to say that a Lt. Governor is going to restrict gun ownership, take your guns, take away your right, blah blah blah, and that is your reasoning for not voting for him is ludicrous.

And to answer the question about voting for Lt. Governor. Yes, you do not vote for him. Leave that box blank. Dont give him the opportunity. Hell, dont vote for any of them, but especially dont vote for him because of the straight ticket BS.
            Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 10-24-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
              Again, do your dang research before you spout off with that throw up out of your mouth? There are many schools that start at state minimum. MANY. Look it up! When did your mom retire? She probably falls under the "rule of 80". Do you know what that is? Most of us fall under the rule of 85 and the newest teachers, I believe, fall under the rule of 90 for certain benefits. Do you actually know what her retirement is? Do you know the numbers or are you spouting off some more?
              You ought to switch to decaf coach! I dont think your overpaid. I have great respect for teachers. I couldn't do your job! Mom retired from Mansfield in early 2000s.
              After watching the teachers of Oklahoma get screwed over in the 23 years I lived there and watching them come here in droves, its obvious Texas is doing much better than others when it comes to public ed and $28k aint a true representation of texas pay.

Comment

And all the sheeple who think your guns are going to get taken away by a Democrat or their gun rights are going to be infringed upon, please give me a break. If you really think someone is going to come in and make a law for you to give up your guns or not be able to purchase them, then I dont know what else to tell you. You already have your tinfoil hat on. Hell, the last democratic PRESIDENT didnt take your guns. Hillary didnt take your guns. Pelosi is not going to take your guns. Reid is not going to take your guns. McCarthy, Scalise, and Hoyer are not going to take your guns. They all try, but that will never happen. So to say that a Lt. Governor is going to restrict gun ownership, take your guns, take away your right, blah blah blah, and that is your reasoning for not voting for him is ludicrous.

And to answer the question about voting for Lt. Governor. Yes, you do not vote for him. Leave that box blank. Dont give him the opportunity. Hell, dont vote for any of them, but especially dont vote for him because of the straight ticket BS.
                Want to talk about ignorance? You say they all try to take our gun rights, then say they won't. If people keep voting for them, and they get control, then yes, yes they can affect our gun rights. Educate yourself teach.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
                  I will vote Mostly Red; but Dan Patrick. He helped screw the Houston and Dallas Fireman out of half their pension. He is Not a friend of the Teachers either. Their insurance has sky rocketed and no pay raises as promised; while he tries to screw them out of their pension. He is a failed buisness man and he is not from Texas. Just cause you are a Republican does not you mean have my vote.
                  I know someone high up in the other guy's compaign, and I quizzed him about where he is on the issues. They guy is a closet gun grabber. Patrick isn't perfect on some things, but he is on guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    Want to talk about ignorance? You say they all try to take our gun rights, then say they won't. If people keep voting for them, and they get control, then yes, yes they can affect our gun rights. Educate yourself teach.
                    Yep......100% of democrats would take your guns if given the chance. Foolish to think otherwise.

Comment

What I said is they keep on trying to take the guns away and take the gun rights away, but they will not be able to do that. They can try to do that as much as they want, but it will never happen. Learn to read a passage and deduce the information that is being given or comprehend what you read.

And I am passionate about this because it affects me, my family, and the profession that I dearly love. So, yes, I get heated when people that know nothing about teaching spout off their ignorance. I dont go into the oilfield, engineering office, insurance office, or McDonald's and claim to know what they are doing and how I could do it better. I think teachers should be afforded the same courtesy. And when someone, who is going to make the decisions for the future of my career and the future of my kids, spits lies and tries to harm my profession, I get upset.

If I offended anyone, I apologize.
                      Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 10-24-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Really? All of those people have said that they are going to take away our guns and you don't believe them? Progun politicians are the only thing standing in their way or they absolutely would. I'm sorry, but this is just an illustration of political ignorance.

Comment

So when the Democrats controlled the white house and the leg why didn't they ban all guns?? Probably because it is a constitutional right and would take alot to get that reversed. As opposed to idiots in the state senate that have way more effect on daily lives and many of us our livelihoods.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                            So when the Democrats controlled the white house and the leg why didn't they ban all guns?? Probably because it is a constitutional right and would take alot to get that reversed. As opposed to idiots in the state senate that have way more effect on daily lives and many of us our livelihoods.
                            Ok? How many gun laws are on the books? How many more do you want on the books?

BTW, I never said take them away. I said gun rights. We have lost WAY TOO MANY already, 2nd amendment be ****ed.

Comment

Vote straight republican ticket. The worst republican is better than the best democrat

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                                Really? All of those people have said that they are going to take away our guns and you don't believe them? Progun politicians are the only thing standing in their way or they absolutely would. I'm sorry, but this is just an illustration of political ignorance.
                                They have "SAID" they are going to take away our guns. They have been saying that for decades. Has it happened? Is it going to happen? Republicans and others have "SAID" that lottery money is used to support public education, but we all know that it does not. Apt has been "SAID", but nothing has been DONE. How many times has any politician said they are going to lower taxes, get rid of OBAMACARE, or anything else to get votes, yet has actually not acted upon their words. ALL THE TIME! Saying you or better yet, threatening to do something has no meaning when all they do is SAY!

You are right. It is an illustration of political ignorance. Your own. Do you know what it actually takes to overturn an amendment of the constitution? Do you know the process? I highly doubt you do. It wont happen. All that lip service from politicians is just to win votes.

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X