X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    With a total of 2 LDPs

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Bunch of slackers here.....spend all their time on this dang forum instead of hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Bunch of slackers here.....spend all their time on this dang forum instead of hunting.
      I know that's right . We haven't started yet so this place is my fix for blood.... unfortunately TBH has turned into a place where we argue about beans in chili then actually hunt..

Comment

I agree, i wish the Bowhunting Reports would come back. maybe it just laziness but i have a hard time looking past the first couple pages on around the campfire cause its much to broad of a section. But bowhunting reports you knew exactly what was going to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          I know that's right . We haven't started yet so this place is my fix for blood.... unfortunately TBH has turned into a place where we argue about beans in chili then actually hunt..

Yep. I tried to make this point years ago and got shot down by the "cool kids"

Comment

How about a score my/age my deer section?

Comment

I want to post LDP's but I can't get to my lease because of flooding

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I want to post LDP's but I can't get to my lease because of flooding
                Me either... my LDP is from 2 weeks ago...

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  Pot meet kettle...

Comment

Originally posted by Retodd View Post
                    Deer breeder from Pipe Creek is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                      As I wade through pages and pages of Around the Campfire looking for this season’s kills, I can’t help but think it would be so much easier if there was section for JUST KILLS. It could be for any weapon of choice, and any species of animal, maybe even have a subset for the bow kills? It seems a guy will put up a kill they’re proud of and it will be on page 4 a few hours later due to a plethora of non hunting related threads. We have recipes section and a day lease section, so why not a kill section?

How long have you been a member here TxF? In the past, there was a bowhunting reports section for our archery kills for as long as I have been a member here circa 2005. That changed last year when Michael (per his thread on this very subject) decided he want to infuse a little more bowhunting fodder into the "Around the Campfire" forum. Plus....some folks couldn't follow simple directions and posted their kills and story in the ATC anyway and not the Bowhunting reports section before the move.....I'm assuming to get more views and replies. I'm guessing here, but the mods probably got tired of having to move them too. I kinda diggin' the kills in the ATC myself. It helps water down and push down the Facebook type like posts...plus it makes it easier for the winder likkers who couldn't follow directions beforehand by allowing them to put their kill LDPs in the ATC.......

In the grand scheme of things ....I'm good with it either way. I understand wanting it all in one kill section for easy access ...but I also understand the ease of puttting it all in the campfire for the mods and members alike.

Comment

A section just for kills?

Originally posted by Retodd View Post

See Game Management forum/section...... It's written right in the description of that forum..

Last edited by Smart; 10-20-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Smart bringing common sense all up in here

Comment

If this thread was intended to be sarcasm I dang sure missed it. Coffee being consumed now so maybe my meter will start working..

Comment

Do you two hold hands when you see each other?

All kidding aside I wish they'd bring it back ( bow hunting reports) . You could go straight to that section and read up on some of the great success members had in the field. And yes I know you can do that now with the search button, but its not near as easy and stories are still missed.

Comment

Working...
                              X