Scent lok Radial 400 ozone generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scent lok Radial 400 ozone generator

I want to get one of these as where I put my blind on the new lease , well kinda got it in the wrong spots with wind and deer traffic .

But before moving the stand I wanted to try a ozone machine . Was ready to pull the trigger on the ozonics brand and came across the Scent loc version 400 vs the 300 if thoses specs really mean anything .. This unit is radial as well .

cost was 249 its compact and I have been testing the battery life in my office ha ha . from full power to dead 8 hours 21 minutes on normal mode .

To me there is very little sound at all on boost mode its a tad louder but not enough to make me think anything will hear it from 2 feet away .
    Last edited by HDWRENCH; 10-08-2018, 08:23 AM.

Quick google check looks like it is for de-scenting clothes and gear more than stand hunting. All I saw reference to anyways.

Will check it out and read more.

Comment

it used just like the others , wording is due to law suites , they cannot say field generator or deer blind etc .
      Last edited by HDWRENCH; 10-09-2018, 07:15 AM.

Comment

following

Comment

I contacted Scentlok and asked the output and how their unit compared to the other major player in the game (Ozonics but never stated such)

This is the reply I got

Hi Brian,

Thank you for contacting ScentLok!

There are two output modes on the OZ Radial 400B. On regular mode, it emits approximately 200 milligrams of ozone per hour, and on boost mode it emits approximately 400 milligrams of ozone per hour.

I don't have specs of other ozone generators out there, so I'm not sure of the output on other units.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
          Chuck
          --
          ScentLok Technologies
          Customer Service
          Phone: 844-257-9505
          Email: CustomerService@ScentLok.com
          Web: www.ScentLok.com
          Last edited by BTLowry; 10-09-2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Following this.

Comment

I planned on taking a short video of it fir sound but it’s been raing the entire hunt. So with a breeze I am ok. If no air movement in the blind with window open myself do not like the odor I did receive a few PMs on this. What I gathered is they all are un pleasant in confined space.

I think it would be a personal thing smell wise meaning how sensative one is to smells

With that said in the past I have been busted with the south wind had does on top of me with it running and they never knew I was there

Battery life is extremely good noise is almost nothing I got to use it one morning with no rain that’s when I should have made video Will try later today. Drop box is being difficult to upload to

Comment

Hunted with one this past week and will say sitting inside a tight 6x6 blind, its personally hard to leave running for any length of time before getting too strong. It may be me being too sensitive to the smell but I turned it on and off for 10-15 intervals even with a few windows open. If ozone works cleaning the scent, this generator is perfect. I haven't used it in a tripod or ladder stand in open air but see no reason why it wouldn't work well. During multiple hunts the deer neither heard the generator fan noise or acted skittish when passing down wind at 20yrds. I really like the size and operation of it overall and see many uses. Time will tell if it holds up though. I'm actually curious how others are running a Ozonics while sitting in a enclosed blind if the output is much stronger having zero experience with them.
                Last edited by Notaguide; 10-13-2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
                  Hunted with one this past week and will say sitting inside a tight 6x6 blind, its personally hard to leave running for any length of time before getting too strong. It may be me being too sensitive to the smell but I turned it on and off for 10-15 intervals even with a few windows open. If ozone works cleaning the scent, this generator is perfect. I haven't used it in a tripod or ladder stand in open air but see no reason why it wouldn't work well. During multiple hunts the deer neither heard the generator fan noise or acted skittish when passing down wind at 20yrds. I really like the size and operation of it overall and see many uses. Time will tell if it holds up though. I'm actually curious how others are running a Ozonics while sitting in a enclosed blind if the output is much stronger having zero experience with them.
                  I think most people mount them to blow out the window opening

That is only downfall of Scentlok version in a blind, 360 deg O3 output makes it hard to direct

O3 is not good for you to breath in quantities that these produce
                  The atmosphere contains 0.01-0.04 PPM, for those that don't do math well that is 1/100 of 1/1,000,000
                  These units put out a huge amount compared to the above

That said, I wouldn't want the thing constatly blowing O3 on me

I don't constantly want a thermacell blowing on me either

Currently use thermacell and strongly considering O3 generator purchase

Comment

Actually hung the unit on a hook by the window but it does throw scent 360 deg as mentioned. I'm still experimenting but still see the benefits of the unit for clothes, closets, tree stand, and minimal blind uses compared to the Ozonics. It was $200 to my door so not a huge investment.

Comment

If you use a Ozone machine inside your blind your doing it wrong and it could be a health risk. It should go right above and outside your downwind window. I've had good luck using them right on top of my blind right in the middle as long as the wind isn't too strong. I have not had good luck when using from a open stand like a tree stand or ladder stand.

Comment

With my blind I can crack the side window ( down wind ) and set it on the shelf and its pulling air from inside but blowing out . That seems to be the best method thus far .

With no smell I also use it on my hunting gear. I have a large plastic tote that I cut a few holes in and drop the unit in and let it run .

So I am getting it figured out . I feel its made a difference in my hunting thus far .

Now with no wind moving not sure if it would maybe come back in the other window ?? will have to see .

i can say that battery life is very good .

happy with it once I figured out that it MUST be outside the window

Comment

Thanks for the continuing review

Comment

Hanging it in a window with no wind was the only time it was a issue. Actually had a couple of days including last night that it was a problem and cycled it as mentioned. Much breeze at all, I haven't had a problem. The "radial" part is obviously the issue but can work around it with a little effort. When working around ozone chambers in a previous job, we were well of the health concerns and still am. Basically if you can smell it, it's too strong was the rule. Thanks to the recent cold front we can shut all windows and contain more of the scent without the use of a generator.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Question:

Could you block off part of the “radial”? Tape, foil?

Comment

Working...
                              X