No announcement yet.

Prayers for another bad CA fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a video on Liveleak that was unbelievable. Guy somehow made it out in his jeep by jumping in a creek. Driving the jeep around looking for his friends with all the plastic melting off it. He found them in their cars burned to death and the only thing left was their skeletons. I couldn't imagine. The video is unreal. RIP for those so far found and hundreds missing. Prayers up

Comment

Reports are they’re controlling it and protecting structures and lives. The death toll is rising.

This article, if true, says the power company sent her an email they needed to come on her property to check out sparks.

If it’s true, there’s the cause.

A woman in Northern California said Monday that the Pacific Gas & Electric Co. contacted her about “sparks” in power lines on her property one day before the deadly wildfire in Para…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have three friends that live in Paradise and all three lost everything but they are OK.

Comment

Hell on earth. Law enforcement and firefighter’s homes destroyed while they were saving other people’s lives.

I’ve asked a local friend who’s a Sheriff what is being done to help families short term.

Protecting lives is their No. 1 priority. That’s why they keep on working. Dozens of firefighters, police officers and sheriff’s deputies in Northern California have lost their homes to…

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
            I have three friends that live in Paradise and all three lost everything but they are OK.

That’s rough to read. I invested in Kuiu clothing for this elk hunt. I need to go through my older hunting camo and thin out the rack in my garage. If any wears size L and can shoot an older PSE compound let me know.

Any pets needing a temp foster home?

Comment

Terrible situation.

Comment

My daughter sent a picture from Sacramento in the direction of Camp Fire (north). There’s mountains somewhere in the distance. And a sun somewhere to the west.

From road sign near the I80/ I5 intersection.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                  I saw a video on Liveleak that was unbelievable. Guy somehow made it out in his jeep by jumping in a creek. Driving the jeep around looking for his friends with all the plastic melting off it. He found them in their cars burned to death and the only thing left was their skeletons. I couldn't imagine. The video is unreal. RIP for those so far found and hundreds missing. Prayers up
                  Oh man that is horrible. I watched it. He mentioned that the lady was more concerned about putting her makeup on first before she and her disabled husband could leave. They both were burned alive in their car.

Comment

There’s a story on the web about a retired carpenter who stayed to fight the fire with his elderly mother inside. He succeeded. God bless him.

Butte County is rural and conservative. I wouldn’t wish a looter to try to steal what’s his and meet his friend ‘Remmy’. He scared them off his neighbor’s smoldering property.

Last edited by Bill; 11-13-2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Yesterday’s news was shocking.

There are 63 confirmed deaths, and the new list has over 600 people listed as missing.

Schools and universities are cancelling classes all over because of the unhealthy air quality. There’s camps setting up at the Walmart in Chico. I’d think after all the prior fires in CA, they would have a plan and be able to mobilize.

Our daughter is driving here today, she described the sky with the sun obscured “like a Steven King novel”.

Prayers please.

Comment

Continued prayers.

Comment

My cousin lives in Oroville close to the lake area . They are on high alert !

Comment

Today I read 74 dead and over 1,000 people unaccounted for/ missing. Lord have mercy.

2 stories.

My daughter said Butte County coroner’s office is not equipped for this size disasters. They’re using refrigerated 18 wheelers to transport remains to the coroner in Sacramento and they fear they’ll exceed resources and then go to Reno.

My friend’s buddy is in Chico PD. He raced to Paradise on Thursday morning and found elderly people wandering on the side of the highway. He filled his cruiser/ suv and while driving out the road was molten macadam in front. He called-in helicopters with water buckets to drop in front of them to cool it to where they could proceed. All were saved.

The president is there today. Saying it was the result of poor forest management caused by environmental regulations is being reported as insults to the 10,000 people fighting the fire or searching for remains.

God have mercy.

Comment

The Camp Fire is 100% contained. Great job by all the men and woman who worked so hard.

I read there were 800 people searching house to house for remains on Thanksgiving, before heavy rains.

Thanks for your prayers.

Comment

Working...
                              X