BH and FP Poi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BH and FP Poi

trying to get my BH's (Viper Tricks) and FP's to hit within a couple inches of each other, well they just arent having it. i move my rest and the BH's will move the same amount with the FP's. i have given up and am going to sight in for BH's, mark my sight and then move it back for FP's. i dont like to just shoot BH's, thats why its always important for me to have them grouping pretty close to each other........anyone had any experience with not getting them to group and just saying screw it?

I've been fighting this since i put a new string on my bow. The string wasn't bad, but old so i did it as maintenance and wishing i didn't. My BH are hitting about 4 inches right of FP at 30 yds. I need to paper tune again. But i had a buddy that's mathews prostaff tell me to induce some cam lean to compensate for hand torque. He was the one to change my string, but i put it on a draw board and leveled out the yokes to get the cams to line up. He suggested i put a couple turns in the yoke to lean the cam to the left and try it. I haven't been able to try it yet with the weather and recent medical issues sidelining me. Hopefully soon though.

Have you paper tuned it or just moving the rest to try and find a sweet spot? Cause i would only adjust the rest according to what a shot through paper suggests

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bow? Specs?, arrow?

Can lean in Mathews, older solo cam system?

Comment

What does it do with a bare shaft and field point?

Comment

There are several ways to tune.
          Bareshaft through paper. This method you start up close and end at 20 yards.
          This method means you better be on the ball with form and grip.

Next is poi with fletched and bare. Problem here is if not careful you can take a bow out of tune. Looks good up close bad not at longer distance.

Next is tuning with fletched arrows. This method starts at 3 to 5 ft. Shoot all arrows through paper. You nock tune all arrows at this point. Nock tuning is very important if you want to get to the nut cutting. Now correct arrows to bullet hole. Zero reason to move further back. Paper tun8ng is the start point only and is rough tune.

Next step is a horizontal tune. This fine tunes your nock location. Just shoot a vertical line with arrows at 20 yards. Move nock till all arrows are a straight line.

Then do a walk back tune. When done if your broadheads are not close then your vanes do not have enough drag to control the head.

Also. Few other things. Spine can also cause problems. There are ways to test this if you think it’s a possibility. It’s more of a reaction of that shaft vs spine. This is more advance and not needed very often.

To summarize Nock tune, horizontal tune, then vertical tune,

Comment

Try Smoke Ramcats to see how they fly.

With that being said a tuned bow is the best as it gives the best for penetration no matter what BH you use. The guys that posted above this are top notch snd you dhould lusten to them.

Comment

i re paper tuned....shot my BHs in out to 40. shooting a pse decree, 31" @59 lbs. shooting gold tip xt hunter pros....i believe 340's. same setup i shot 3d with. i bare shaft tuned through paper, perfect holes. i have a feeling its the surface area of this braodhead. i can get my regular slick tricks to do it.

Comment

OP, might need to yoke tune

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning48 View Post
                  OP, might need to yoke tune
                  ill put it on the draw board Thursday when i don't have baseball or football.

Comment

Finally got it on the draw board after opening weekend..... otw home my rest got hit and moved so i had to retune and couldnt get it to bare shaft tune.... added about 3 twist to right yoke, perfect hole.... then shot BH and FP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X